PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v Conversion Requirements

FlashPascoe
04-01-04, 11:43 PM
My valver project will begin at the end of this month! Firstly i wan planning on getting the car welded up, this includes some minor rust and the strengthing kit + stitch welding.

Want i need from someone in the know is a rough requirements list for my conversion!

2.0 16v XE and F20 gearbox but what else do i need? What suspension do people recommend, brakes etc

Any advice would be quality at this point! And if anyone is willing to sell a breaking Nova GSi should PM me!

mikeoxford
04-01-04, 11:55 PM
brakes your looking at 2litre calipers and discs 256 mm or above.

get vectra ones or even something rallyesque if money is no object!

2litre brakes with a gsi/gte servo will be more than adequate. service the rears too if you can.

as for suspension, dont know much about it but you cant have a normal nova lowering kit for instance, you need specalist springs to cope with extra weight. else the front will end up slammed and the rear sky high

FlashPascoe
05-01-04, 12:09 AM
Thanks Mike, i was thinking Koni adjustables, but now you have said im not sure about lowering springs! 30 - 40mm is quite enough for me.

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 12:10 AM
lowering is fine - just make sure the springs have a higher *something* rate - cant think of the term. so long as there stiffer kinda thing

Lee H
05-01-04, 09:18 PM
higher poundage maybe mike :wink:

Ben3042
05-01-04, 10:07 PM
Coil springs make springs that are desighned to fit the nova's suspension strut and take the weight of the C20 XE engines

www.coilsprings.co.uk

Ben3042
05-01-04, 10:14 PM
You will also need:

Wiring loom
Modified airbox or induction kit
Custom drive shafts & engine mounts

Performance vauxhall developments sell the stuff you need to do the conversion for about ?500.

AnThoNYnOvA
05-01-04, 11:38 PM
u will also need the engine.

2litreturbo
06-01-04, 10:30 AM
and a car to put it in! :lol:

2litreturbo
06-01-04, 10:31 AM
and a car to put it in! :lol:

jim sri
06-01-04, 04:02 PM
20xe+f20. make sure you get the wiring loom, ecu, coil, downpipe etc.
seam weld the shell, no need for the strengthening kit unless the shell isn't too good or you intend to go off road/rallying etc, ideal time to respray engine bay too.
if your car's non injection, get nova gsi/gte tank+fuel lines+mpi fuel pump (all 20xe'd cars, nova gte, gsi, sri had this type of pump etc).
you'll need drivers side engine mount+gearbox spacers (Brian_S) on mig sells these quite cheap, replicas of the carquip stuff. (or you can use the astra gte mount, lower+reweld the nova mount 1.5" lower).
then you'll need to get it in/wiring etc, and make an exhaust system, mating the downpipe from the xe to a nova system.

Ste_Nova
06-01-04, 04:05 PM
stitch weld not seam weld