PDA

View Full Version : Faded Flame Red

Gunzi
04-01-04, 02:36 PM
I have a flame red nova which has obviously spent most of its life outside, so the paint is faded to fuck. If I T cut origional then red t Cut afterwards it looks mint, but only for about 1 week.
What I wanna know is, is there a better way to polish up your car (like those circular polish machines) that will last a lot longer? Coz 2 hrs work to last a week is pissing me off now

nova_rally
04-01-04, 03:07 PM
There is an Autoglym product that might work, I think it's called paint Renovator. It gets rid of slight rusting and scratches as well.

The fading isnt caused just by being outside, its being outside and not looked after that causes it - regular polishing will stop your paint fading.

Why the Red Spoliers on SRis and GSis fade so quickly is beyond me though, My car's flame red and the paint' is in perfect condition apart from the spoiler.... :?

Alan

Ben3042
04-01-04, 08:54 PM
Very common on red cars, Get it mopped by a valater (spelling), they should be able to bring the colour back to life for a while.

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 12:09 AM
Why the Red Spoliers on SRis and GSis fade so quickly is beyond me though, My car's flame red and the paint' is in perfect condition apart from the spoiler.... :?

:lol: my spoiler wa shorendous before i put the new bi plane on

Breeny
05-01-04, 12:24 AM
Get the whole car mopped over proffessionally. Will only cost ?50 or so.

Will
05-01-04, 10:47 AM

:lol: my spoiler wa shorendous before i put the new bi plane on

please tell me thats coming off at the bodyshop?

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 01:00 PM
please tell me thats coming off at the bodyshop?

:lol: well. as i said to chris ward the other day.

im 50/50 still. :oops:

i have a complete tailgate with my new spoiler on it etc ready to be sprayed and go on.

but i still like the look of the astra spoiler from the side and front angles, its just from the back it looks shit. i think it looks good with the wheels

so it probably will come off yes - anything for a quiet life!

Jim
05-01-04, 01:56 PM
:lol: well. as i said to chris ward the other day.

im 50/50 still. :oops:

i have a complete tailgate with my new spoiler on it etc ready to be sprayed and go on.

but i still like the look of the astra spoiler from the side and front angles, its just from the back it looks s**t. i think it looks good with the wheels

so it probably will come off yes - anything for a quiet life!

LOL, it's your car Mike, so do what you want, but I think the majority agree that the spoiler is too big for the Nova. If you got it cut down to fit, it would look a lot better, but it overhangs way too much.

Jim

Ste_Nova
05-01-04, 02:16 PM
pic of mike spotted earlier today

http://members.aol.com/sjsnafp/super80s/sargent83key.jpg

Will
05-01-04, 03:22 PM
yer new tailgate with "new" spoiler sounds good.... what spoiler.

You still going down the new viynal and rubbing strips route or having them removed?........

give us some detail or is it hush hush, did u see my project on friday? :P

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 08:35 PM
ste - LOL like it :lol: u always have an apt picture for the message(s)

jim - i agree it overhangs too far from the rear yes, it does look out of place :roll: but side profile and from the front i think it looks ok. dont worry about reassuring me cos i take it all in jest! trimming it and shortenging it will be too much hassle and wont fit in with plans, so it either stays as is or the new tailgate goes on.

will - new tailgate was the original one off the car wihout rust, its not new new, just used it as the base. spoiler combo is sr/gte wrap around, with a lip spoiler from a mk3 astra on it. if you look on EPC there is a spoiler of the same design made for novas, but ive never seen them, the EPC shows them in three pieces, side pieces are sr/ gte wrap around, and the top is a lip spoiler, so i was trying to replicate that and be original, but no that bloke with that white car and his pictures on here ruined my plans the other day!!! :lol: (cant find it now.) although he had used a gsi roof tip spoiler, not this other astra item. the other astra item fits the gte wrap around spoiler pefectly, just requires bonding and fitting. ill get a pic.

as for plans on the car, only the "original" plans are hush hush to prevent copying till its done! apart from that its no secret.

at the moment i favour devinyling and de bump stripping, if not itll be keep the bump strips, but the lower half sprayed - not vinyl. itll be sprayed so its shiny and make the car look two tone,. not vinyled.

as for your project!? what project!? :wink: