PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my GSI

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 01:07 PM
I'm thinking of lowering my GSI but don't know whether to buy shocks as well as springs(as i'm on a budget).

I've got 16 inch speedlines and the car is standard GSI height. What's better 40mm or 60mm? I don't want to spend too much and dont want the ride to be too stiff. Will 40mm with new just new springs be ok or will my shocks take a beating.

Also, will my front arches need modding? the rear arches are folded so i know they will be fine but i'm worried the front will be messed up and i wont be able to get full steering lock(it's not the best as it is). Anyone know prices etc?

:?

epo
03-01-04, 02:15 PM
if ur lowerin 60mm id recomend u change ur shocks i have on mine

if u dont just make sure ur shocks r in good woking order

Adam Moran
03-01-04, 03:20 PM
As epo said, If you go as low as 60mm you should get uprated shocks (smaller rods)

However, if i were in your situation i would get a set of 40mm springs.

Price, well it depends really. If you want new ones your looking at ?70-?100 but there are people on here and Migweb that are selling secondhand 40mm spings.

Let us know what you do and dont for get some pics!

Ad

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 06:03 PM
Cheers guys. what is the ride like when its -60mm. Am i right in thinking you can get spring and shock packages?

Adam Moran
03-01-04, 06:10 PM
the ride depends on what shocks and springs you go for.

I'm running gmax -60mm springs and shocks, its not too harsh, a little hard over some of the larger bumps.

Ad

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 07:16 PM
how much did that cost you?

Adam Moran
03-01-04, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure? about ?250 i think.

Got it from DT.

Ad

epo
03-01-04, 10:11 PM
am running 60mm and spax adjustables so i can alter the dampenin of the shocks
but i paid fook all 4 my kit

i got the shocks off a lad from here
and the sprigs came off my sr which i bought purly 4 the wheels and shocks

Ben3042
04-01-04, 10:04 PM
Give performance vauxhall developments a call mate

They do springs for ?60

Or Try evo, they do shocks and springs for about ?160 the lot

www.pvd.net

www.evoperformance.co.uk

scott.parker
04-01-04, 10:26 PM
yeah chek out PVD www.pvdnet.co.uk they do some good shock&spring sets from a german company call FK,i think ther about ?240.. Worth a look. :)

Gazza14SR
05-01-04, 01:07 AM
the ride depends on what shocks and springs you go for.

I'm running gmax -60mm springs and shocks, its not too harsh, a little hard over some of the larger bumps.

Ad

Ive got the same setup and mine is harsh as fcuk! Go over a bump or a manhole cover etc abit too fast, 35-40, it makes a nasty thud and everything shakes.

Even had the faceoff bit on the headunit come out acouple of times!

Handles wikid though so its worth it :)