PDA

View Full Version : engine problems

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I was driving my car to my mechanics this evening when all of a sudden my ignition light came on and my engine cut out. I then kick started the engine again whilst i rolling to a stop and then it briefly came back to life and then made a whirring sound and black smoke and a few sparks came out of my exhaust (girlfriend driving behind), for it to die shortly after.

Some days proir to this my battery appeared to be getting lower and lower on power until it had no juice left. When I tried to start the engine the ignition gave a small sign of life and then died and made a clicking sound. As a result of this i contacted my mechanic and got the engine running with jump leads only for the above to happen on the way there.

Any ideas what this may be

Considering my battery is brand new!

Have I fu%*Ked my engine up in the process or is this a common igition problem that can be fixed.

Please help

:cry:

dan_mk1
03-01-04, 02:20 AM
couldnt you have got your mechanic to look at it!! :lol:

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 02:32 AM
not considering it was 10pm on a friday night.

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 02:33 AM
i was dropping it off at his garages(where he does not live) for him to work on in the morning

Mark
03-01-04, 02:35 AM
Altenator given up the ghost?

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 11:35 AM
For anyone who's remotely interested it was indeed the alternator(informative RAC man). The car cut out because the battery had no juice after i jump started it. I then drove (AT Night) with my lights on which inevitably drained the battery who's friend mr Alternator was Broken. This explains the sparks and black smoke from my exhaust as the alterator was misfiring and inevitably caused the car to conk out.

:D

Mark
03-01-04, 11:40 AM
I was interested, so it's being fixed now?

masterclarkson
03-01-04, 12:55 PM
yup, being fixed this afternoon, along with fitting my new sony CDMP40 head unit and speakers.

:wink:

epo
03-01-04, 02:24 PM
Altenator given up the ghost?

i was gunna say that as soon as i read the the post lol

same prob on me gte