PDA

View Full Version : inverting track rod ends

novashed
02-01-04, 11:03 PM
has anybody done this. this was suggested to me by a motorsport setup guy when i went to have my car setup last year. as the car is so low the bump steer is increased because the rods ends sit so high, just wondered if anybody has had any success in doing this??

Ste_Nova
03-01-04, 12:16 PM
i've done it but i've not driven the car yet :lol:

novashed
03-01-04, 02:11 PM
know anybody who has driven a car with it done?, did you have to machine the upright arm as it has a taper doesn't it?

Ste_Nova
03-01-04, 03:27 PM
i drilled out the taper then pressed in a brass spacer so the taper is upside down... but i'm looking at replacing the lot with a rose joint solution

novashed
03-01-04, 04:09 PM
could it be done bytapering the top in half way and then putting a shim in the bottom taper to take up the room left and then tightening it all up well, if u get what i mean

brian
04-01-04, 03:07 PM
as ste said the rose jointed option would be ideal for this. when i was fitting mine with the wide track kit i bored out the hole where the track rod end would have gone in and pressed in a spacer top and bottom. the rose jointed end is just bolted to this so it could be used above or below as there is no taper

Bilbo ballbaggins
04-01-04, 08:03 PM
got any pics of this??

what is meant by a 'rose joint' ?

FLuShSiMMoN has this done apparently

Ste_Nova
04-01-04, 08:34 PM
http://www.streetrod.gnet.co.za/gyro/pics/BFD/big/rose_joint.jpg