PDA

View Full Version : Rear brakes!

locky
02-01-04, 06:50 PM
How do i centralist the rear brakes? the top of the shoes are leaning to the back. also, how do i know when theres enough adjustment? just when its rubbing the drum?
Any info would be great!

nova_rally
02-01-04, 07:17 PM
Not sure about the centralisation, but to adjust it you set your handbrake to where you want it to be 'on' (cant remember how far that is on a Nova, was 3 clicks on my Mazda, max of 16!!) and tighten it till you can no longer turn the brake drum by hand. Thats according to my old Mazda manual anyhow!

Hope it helps a bit!

Alan

locky
02-01-04, 08:40 PM
So id be adjusting it off the yolk?
Cheers for the info!

Dicko
02-01-04, 09:25 PM
ajustemnt for balance is done on that screw bar in the middle of the shoes, they usualy seize and need taking out, wire brush + wd40.

then trimming how many clicks (3 for best) is done on the ajusment just above the rear axel!!

dathers
03-01-04, 01:36 AM
Has nobody got a damn haynes manual??
Go and buy one tight arse,it tells you how to srtip down and rebuild the whole car!
Dave

locky
03-01-04, 10:02 AM
I got 3 of the fuckers! dont get cheeky!
all the brakes are on, im just having a prob with the top of the shoes leaning back! also u cant go by everything the haynes says!

Dicko
03-01-04, 11:40 AM
could try ajusting the bar out a little and releasing the centre ajuster, think that might be it. or make sure 1 of the pistons isnt jaming