PDA

View Full Version : Movie downloads

Dave
02-01-04, 12:34 PM
what are good sites to download the latest full cinema films from?

Alex
02-01-04, 02:18 PM
www.packetnews.com

Uses irc. good download speeds

?Marty?
02-01-04, 05:54 PM
I just go to the cinema lol

Or buy Region 1 dvd's, since most copies are either screeners (which are shite and have annoying 'for your viewing only' things flashing up on screen every so often OR are just plain crap.

Tho everytime i downloaded a movie, i'd get something other than what it was supposed to be. lol

Dave
02-01-04, 05:58 PM
went to see it but the g/f wants to see love actually again so wanted to download it for her save me ?20 on cinema tickets an popcorn again :lol:

Hardie
02-01-04, 06:45 PM
Get Soulseek (the cracked version of course) not used it myself but is apparently the place to download anything !

jkhilton
03-01-04, 06:18 PM
Or use BitTorrent, just do a search on yahoo for BitTorrent, download the client software and then goto www.suprnova.org

basically all you have to do then is click on the file you want to download and leave it going for however long it takes.

John

?Marty?
03-01-04, 09:13 PM
^^^ 90 hours or something, lol

jkhilton
03-01-04, 10:57 PM
lmao, I've not had to wait 90 hours for anything yet. most of the films I have downloaded are around 700-800mb and are perfect DVD-rips(without all the extras, languages etc!). I can usually download 3 or 4 in 24 hours and that's on a 512k ADSL connection. It just depends on which files you choose to download. Generally the newer films/episodes etc have more people sharing them and they download much quicker.

I just leave the program downloading and limit the bandwidth usage to around 40k if I want to surf the net or limit it to about 10k if I am playing a game online.

I use NetLimiter to limit the bandwidth usage of different programs.

John

Jules
04-01-04, 02:31 PM
Just been reading about Bit Torrent and some of the big film companys have got hold of IP's of people DL'ing films, they have got in touch with the ISP responsable for those IP address' and they have in turn emailed the people in question asking why they are DL'ing copyrighted material without permisson, why shouldn't they cut off their connection etc etc etc.....

So be careful out there people.

:roll:

?Marty?
05-01-04, 01:17 AM
Erm, it wasn't me. I DID NOT download The Last Samurai off there. I wish to evoke the 'matrix defebce'. It was not me. I didnt want to do it. Keanu made me. He's the One.

or something.