PDA

View Full Version : OPTIONS ON MOUNTS FOR XE NOVA

Chris S
01-01-04, 03:47 PM
what options have i got for the mounts other than cossvaux or PVD. too expensive.

Whats the best and cheapest? Cut and chop it off a inch further down? weld spacers to gearbox mount?
Cheers for any help

LiD0N
01-01-04, 04:18 PM
try valvers.com brian sells them for ?30 if i remember right thats the ones that i used..

Chris S
01-01-04, 04:34 PM
yeah, had a word with brian, seems the best option. just wondering if there was a cheaper way. do u think it can be done in a weekend?

LiD0N
01-01-04, 04:41 PM
well mine has taken 2 days so far and i got about another days work to do on it... but yeah u probly could do it in a weekend if u started at 9 and finished in the evening.. get loads of m8s to help ya get it done a lot quicker

LiD0N
01-01-04, 04:43 PM
o and make sure u got everything u need and all the tools before you start becos obviously that can delay you...

Rick Draper
01-01-04, 05:03 PM
Brians mounts are good but i know John A was having problems with his mount as the engine would not sit right. Rick

Chris S
01-01-04, 05:15 PM
dont think we'll struggle putting it on the mounts its just the wiring that i think we'll have problems with and the pump and relay.
The car is a 1.400 SPi. so i'll be taking the pump from the calibra.
is there anything else i should concider when doing the conversion?

Parts List.
22 spline Nova GTE shafts.
mk2 cav 1600 inner cv's.
XE and F20
engine hoist
welder
air tools
grinder

fearless
01-01-04, 09:30 PM
Cheapest option is to remove the o/s/f engine mount bracket from the shell and reweld lower - then use the alloy engine mount from a Mk2 Astra

dathers
01-01-04, 11:13 PM
I used BrianS's mounts and the engine sat perfect in the bay,no probs at all.
Dave

Ste_Nova
02-01-04, 10:36 AM
Cheapest option is to remove the o/s/f engine mount bracket from the shell and reweld lower - then use the alloy engine mount from a Mk2 Astra

this also uses all vauxhall parts so is less likely to fail compaired to pvd/carquip items

Chris S
02-01-04, 03:37 PM
So if i can get hold of a 16V astra mount, is there another way to space gearbox mount?

how do u get the chassis mount off? drill the spot welds???

Ste_Nova
02-01-04, 04:07 PM
So if i can get hold of a 16V astra mount, is there another way to space gearbox mount?

how do u get the chassis mount off? drill the spot welds???

spaceing the rear with washers is not acceptable any more after some failed

as is elongating the holes in the mount

best way we have found with 2 bolts is to cut the mount that goes onto the car and place washers on the other side

if you want to run 3 bolts then propper plates are needed

http://uploader.co.uk/images/rearspacer.jpg

http://uploader.co.uk/images/mount.jpg

http://uploader.co.uk/images/mountedx.jpg

Chris S
02-01-04, 05:19 PM
think best bet is to get brians mounts then???? save time and hassle?
wots the crack with the fuel pump wiring? was an SPi

Ste_Nova
02-01-04, 05:57 PM
run fuel pump feed to fuse 1 in the fuse box... or to the spi fuel pump output in the engine bay