PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with my Gearbox

Anonymous
26-03-01, 10:52 AM
Why is it that my SRi seems to be the only one with a Gearbox that Lets it go to 120mph in 4th but the revs die i little in 5th. I have had it upto 120mph in 5th but it takes a while and could go more if the road allowed. Everyone else i've spoken to with an SRi can get to 100mph in 4th and 120omph in 5th. Is it just me.
Mingle

Anonymous
26-03-01, 12:22 PM
Lol, agh. Am I thinkin mingle dont have a standard box? And that he should have posted this on the techy forum? Well m8 i've told ya this 1 already. so dont come wingin about it now!!!
U goin cruisin 2night? If so ill c ya!

Anonymous
26-03-01, 01:42 PM
Kin ell m8, my GTE only does 100 in 4th.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D
I SHOT PHIL !!!!

Anonymous
26-03-01, 02:34 PM
No idea m8, but if u could tell me why the f**k there are a few tiny drip-drops of oil coming from my gearbox when its parked overnite i wouldnt mind knowing....:0

Anonymous
26-03-01, 06:21 PM
Mine does 100 in 4th and that is about to hit the rev limiter :D and then over 125 in 5th ;)

Fords smoke more than oil refinery's

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:04 PM
maybe its your speedo out? lmao

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D

[pug_dog]

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
27-03-01, 12:51 AM
u probley don't have the close ratio box 4 some reason. maybe a former owner broke last box and replaced it with the wrong one!

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
27-03-01, 02:22 PM
Mine goes up t around 110 in fourth mate.a jplate sri wif a few engine mods so urs soundz abvout rite.Mine may have been changed for the wrong one htough coz the guy who owned it before me was a fasnny an ddidn't change anything rite,Theres loose wires everywhere,fucked up this and fucked up that.It's a friggin mess

GRRR I'm a sexual tyranosaurus!!!

Anonymous
27-03-01, 02:22 PM
Mine goes up t around 110 in fourth mate.a jplate sri wif a few engine mods so urs soundz abvout rite.Mine may have been changed for the wrong one htough coz the guy who owned it before me was a fasnny an ddidn't change anything rite,Theres loose wires everywhere,fucked up this and fucked up that.It's a friggin mess

GRRR I'm a sexual tyranosaurus!!!

Anonymous
27-03-01, 02:50 PM
my mates hits thr rev limiter @ about 100 in 4th gear i think u both have got the standard box not the close ratio 1. i would recomend if u eva have time or cash to swap coz his sri is rapid as fuck and its only got a induction kit & and back box

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
27-03-01, 03:08 PM
Dont know what mine will do in 4th but i know it does at least 80 in 3rd (according to the speedo!) and my mums old 4 speed 1.0 did 70 in second!

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]