PDA

View Full Version : breakers yards

match
31-12-03, 06:22 PM
when we r start making custom bumpers we always start off with a basic one from a scrappers when modify from there. basically making it easier to get the bumper to fit properly

well after speaking with some1 on here i have been told that you can get a full genuine gsi kit (both bumpers and skirts) from a scrappers for ?50! :lol:

anyone know of any scrappers that ARE this cheap for genuine bumpers? because the cheapest i managed to find a gsi kit after ringing all over the counrty was ?100 with a slightly damaged front bumper,

am looking for good contacts for future bumper making efforts.

XZiBiT
31-12-03, 06:29 PM
tryin to find a gsi kit at the scrappys must be like finding a ford that starts first time the gsi is quite rare the ones that are at scrap yards are more than likely bad right offs heavy frontend damage or sommit i think maybe try vauxspares in walton-on the naze there number is in fastcar mags at the back

pickle
31-12-03, 06:36 PM
a while ago i phoned a number and told them what i wanted, it costs about ?1 per minute, but they get in-contact with loads of other scrappys and then they phone u back and sell it to u, anyone know that number again? i forgot.

TWAG
31-12-03, 07:14 PM
I found a gsi a the scrappy i go to today, not sure how much they would charge for the bumper though.

Ste_Nova
31-12-03, 08:00 PM
brand new gsi front bumpers from vaux are ?82

if making a modded one use a standard front bumper... the fixing and top section are the same... the bumper on ians nova was based on a mk1 saloon bumper!!

novax
31-12-03, 08:16 PM
IF..... there was a GSi in my local scrappy it would only be about ?25 for the pair

mc_hawkings
31-12-03, 09:19 PM
brand new gsi front bumpers from vaux are ?82

they've gone down in price they were ?100 last timei bought one

mikeoxford
01-01-04, 02:22 PM
IF..... there was a GSi in my local scrappy it would only be about ?25 for the pair

IF..... there was a GSi in my local scrappy it would have already been rinsed of anything half decent before i got there! :roll:

epo
01-01-04, 02:31 PM
www.doncastermotorspares.co.uk

these have usually got loads of parts in

Gazza14SR
01-01-04, 02:39 PM
my local scrappy is cool, had loadsa decent bits. 1 being a set of gsi skirts for 2pound per skirt :)

There moto is dont rob us and we wont rob you.

afew bits ive had from there are:

front/rear mk2 bumpers
2 headrests
Boot in mint condition with glass, wiper motor and mk2 spoiler
skirts

All coming to no more than 20quid :)

Chris@Mcfc
01-01-04, 03:00 PM
Would a brand new Gsi bumper from Vauxhall be in the grey plasic colour ?! Just like the standard colour on Sr's and 1.2's etc ?!

epo
01-01-04, 05:52 PM
isnt the gsi bumper 10-15mm lower than a standard sr(i)\1.2 bumper??

nova m@rk
01-01-04, 11:57 PM
my local scrappies got 1 of them big scruffy blokes coverd in oil but sits in a caravan all day were everything is a fiver to you mate. only ever seen 1 gsi down there and sum1 brought that same day to rebuild

LiD0N
02-01-04, 12:17 AM
my eyes would light up if i saw a gsi in a scrappie :o

mikeoxford
02-01-04, 12:24 AM
isnt the gsi bumper 10-15mm lower than a standard sr(i)\1.2 bumper??

they are lower id say yes

couldnt tell you how much though

Will
02-01-04, 12:35 AM
we found a fuked gsi in scrappy roof caved in i had to lie down to get in but doors ok to get the door cards off

so..... door cards and skirts full set

?10 :D

rof