PDA

View Full Version : .....go faster

bubba1
31-12-03, 11:14 AM
i recently took my full non cat magnex off my sri due to failure of mot with emmissions and zorst catching the handbrake cable, is the catching of handbrake cable a common occcurance with the magnex on novas? as i have herd others complaining of the same problem.

also if i fit it back on along with an induction kit which i know wont do hardly anything to power should i have it rolling road set up as the fuel/air mixture wont be right, or just take out the lambda sensor

cheers if u can help :o

mikeoxford
31-12-03, 11:17 AM
dont remove the lamda sensor at any cost.

just whack the induction kit or air filter or whatever it is straight on.

you have an sri correct?

so its injection and itll have an ecu, and itll adjust the fuelling electronically.

i doubt theres anything you could even adjust manually! as the injectors allow the amount of fuel in, theres no screws or jets to change like on a carb!

bubba1
31-12-03, 11:20 AM
i c what your saying but when these items came off my sri i swear the car was faster and ran better, would the rolling road benefit me in any way

mikeoxford
31-12-03, 11:24 AM
disconnect your battery for a few hours, whilst you put the exhaust and air filter back on, then put it back on. your ECU probably hasnt adapted to the mods or you havent driven it enough for it to notice a difference, disconnecting battery completely will reset ecu and force it to learn everything again.

RR can do nothing for an injection car except for timing and possibly fuel pressure. cant see what else you can alter!

mikeyredtop
02-01-04, 04:13 PM
it depends whether its jetronic or motronic the jetronic can be altered slightly at the airflow meter for a sligtly diffrent mixture to tolerate a wearing lower compression engine needing more fuel...

Ste_Nova
02-01-04, 04:17 PM
my hb allways rubs on the exhaust... never failed yet

mikeyredtop
02-01-04, 04:20 PM
it usually happens when u lower your car cos it reduces the space for your exhaust to fit thru your axle and body..