PDA

View Full Version : COOLING PROBLEM

Cheeze
31-12-03, 09:37 AM
JUST PUT A 1.6 GTE ENGINE IN MY CAR AND HAVE NOTICED THAT AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN THE WATER PIPES TO THE RADIATOR ARE SWOLLEN WITH LOTS OF PRESSURE, WHEN I OPEN THE HEADER TANK CAP THE WATER BUBBLES FOR A FEW SECONDS. IM GETTING HOT AIR FRON THE VENTS IN THE CAR AND HAVE REPLACED THE CAP ON THE HEADER TANK, NEED HELP ASAP CAUSE I DONT WANT THE PIPES BLOWING OFF ON ME THANX

Ste_Nova
31-12-03, 09:49 AM
don't take the cap off when it's hot or it will boil over

mikeoxford
31-12-03, 11:12 AM
which hoses expand? exactly - dont say all of them! then we can figure out if its between water pump or heater etc.

might be your heater matrix is packed up and collapsed inside or something, restricting the flow to a point its swelling the hoses, but can still get through if you get me.

Cheeze
31-12-03, 04:10 PM
ITS THE HOSE FROM THE ENGINE TO THE RADIATOR AND THE ONE FROM THE RADIATOR TO THE ENGINE, I HAVE TO LEAVE THE CAP A BIT LOOSE TO LET THE PRESSURE OUT

Ste_Nova
31-12-03, 05:00 PM
ITS THE HOSE FROM THE ENGINE TO THE RADIATOR AND THE ONE FROM THE RADIATOR TO THE ENGINE, I HAVE TO LEAVE THE CAP A BIT LOOSE TO LET THE PRESSURE OUT

no don't do that or it will boil over.... the cap is vented... if it wants to release pressure it will