PDA

View Full Version : Do people claim engine and body mods?

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:48 AM
Hi Guy's, just wondering how many people claim to have bodykits or engine modifications on there motors when it comes to car insurance. Yet again, my insurance premium seems to have gone up, even though I've got sh*t loads of security and drive carefully. I just phoned Adrian Flux and they offered me ?630 fully comp. I declared a laguna front splitter, M3 side skirts and clear rear lights. Thats the same price that I paid last year but didn't have the mods. Is it worth me declaring these mods and do you lot declare mods to your cars? Cheers for any advice, Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
26-03-01, 10:17 AM
I do and wouldn't do anything to the car if i couldn't afford the insurance costs.

Insurance companies are twats at the end of the day and will look for any excuse not to pay out in the event of the crash. Not declaring modifications is providing them with a perfect excuse.

If you don't declare your mods, you might as well throw that ?630 onto a fire.

If it's only slight body mods though it shouldn't make that much difference to your insurance. Have you tried CIS Insurance because they're not too bothered about body mods.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
26-03-01, 10:38 AM
I've not tried CIS yet, will do in a minute though. Ta Fenix

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
26-03-01, 11:33 AM
hmm dont ask me about insurance :( although i know it is best to tell them about everything. just in case you have a crash like me, you would have had to pay the full ?45000 claim! :(

Anonymous
26-03-01, 11:51 AM
I just phoned CIS. They asked about engine mods - which I don't have, but weren't bothered about body mods. They quoted me ?398 Fully Comp!!! I'll probably go with them, as I don't think I'll find a better quote. However, Insurance companies don't seem to ask about Security. I've spent over ?300 on security, I'm a bit peeved it won't bring my insurance down more. Still, you can't have everything. :)

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
26-03-01, 12:25 PM
I noticed that too. I've got a cat 1 alarm system, Snap Off steering wheel and locking wheel-nuts on my alloys. And it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference.

Glad to hear you got a cheaper quote though.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
26-03-01, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Cheers Fenix. I'd probably be ringing round still, getting cheesed off with these high quotes. I'd definatley recommend CIS to anyone with body mods.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
26-03-01, 08:54 PM
mmmm my security made a difference! mind you i have ?1500's worth!

and yes everything is disclosed.

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D

[pug_dog]

Ian@novaload.net