mark_GSi
30-12-03, 09:33 AM
got a Cav mk3 SRI (2.0 8v) servo

would the servo fit my GSI??

running 16v ATE calipers

thanks alot

Dicko
30-12-03, 11:15 AM
you might need to cut the end of the rod off and weld on the end off a nova. i looked at fitting a servo off an astra van and the end was different!

novax
30-12-03, 11:30 AM
Hi,

Why do you want to do this in the first place? I can easily understand the benefit if it was on the car but is there the "need"? You have a GSi so the servo and cylinder are plenty big enough for 16V calipers, I'm using V6 calipers and it works fine with the standard GTE servo.

I'm a trainer for Bosch and write this on the board first thing.

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple, stupid Basically it means don't make it complicated if it doesn't need it.

On the other hand I would be very interested in your results if and when you get it all fitted :D

locky
30-12-03, 12:31 PM
It might be worth upgrading the master cylinder rather than servo!

Ste_Nova
30-12-03, 12:35 PM
i'm fitting a corsa servo.... in place of the battery... should improve pedel feel 8)

mark_GSi
30-12-03, 12:40 PM
would the M cylinder fit the brake pipes??

novax
30-12-03, 03:45 PM
I'm sure nearly all the master cylinders are the same size physically. More importantly the fittings are in the same place and of the same type. This is a better solution if you feel the need.

mikeoxford
30-12-03, 11:50 PM
from my experience it is best to stick to a nova gsi/gte servo and master cylinder. only thing better than that really is these independant jobbies used for rally etc which have two master cylinders, or do seomthing outrageous like ste using a corsa servo etc. ok there will be gains, but really not worth the effort IMO.

im coping on a small cr@p servo and SR brakes, one of which is siezed, one pad looks new, and the other is down to no pad at all. im managing! having driven stus car (oh the joy! 8) :D ) i can say the gsi/2ltr combo was great i thought. this is what i opted for until i buy a big HUGE knock of disc / caliper combo off dave nova-x

ive looked at diffrent master cylinder / servo options, and have opted to the gsi items, for ease, and reliability.

what you going to do when the piegeon poo weld your mate did for cash in hand snaps when you desperatley stamp the breaks harder and hrader in an emergency !?!?!?

Ste_Nova
31-12-03, 09:41 AM
or do seomthing outrageous like ste using a corsa servo etc. ok there will be gains, but really not worth the effort IMO.

yup but i'm not doing it for upgrades.... i'm doing it to empty the bay more!

mikeoxford
31-12-03, 11:13 AM
or do seomthing outrageous like ste using a corsa servo etc. ok there will be gains, but really not worth the effort IMO.

yup but i'm not doing it for upgrades.... i'm doing it to empty the bay more!

mmmm sounds intriguing!!! is it for styling purposes or to fit a big v8 chevvy engine or similar!? :twisted:

Ste_Nova
31-12-03, 11:33 AM
styling... engine bay is gonna be empty

mikeoxford
31-12-03, 11:35 AM
cool, u hiding everything in the battery tray and covering it, or you removing bulkhead as well?

Rick Draper
31-12-03, 01:32 PM
styling... engine bay is gonna be empty

1st show of the season Rick makes a mental note to remove Stes scuttle pannel cover to show all the crap under it :lol: :lol: Rick

Ste_Nova
31-12-03, 01:50 PM
lol will only be brake servo, header tank and wiring... most stuff is going in the rear 1/4s