PDA

View Full Version : help!! nova interior light!!!

novamaz69_2004
28-12-03, 06:35 PM
this is probably one of the dumbest questions ever on this site but i got my nova yesterday and was wonderin how u turned OFF the interior light while the door is OPEN in a 1989 old dashboard nova???? ya see its runnin ma battery down n the only way i can think of s to take out the fuse but that powers the stereo i fink!!!!

pleeeeeeeeeeez help

v confused martin

m.d.
28-12-03, 06:59 PM
other than taking the light out there is nothing u can do. but if the light is draining ure batt then there must be something wrong with the battery as i left mine on all day today and it started fine afterwards.

u could allways put a switch in line i spose

Jules
28-12-03, 07:21 PM
Have you tried switching it off?
Push in the headlight switch, it pulls out to turn on, pushes in to turn off........

Failing that then remove the bulb, as for why it's staying on then it can't be the connections to the bulb holder unless it's earthing out, so maybe your headlight switch is knackered and it's stuck on?

rob mason SR
28-12-03, 07:26 PM
it cant be stopped from turning on when the door is opened as far as i know. The Headlight switch only lets you use it when the door is closed.

Mark
28-12-03, 07:31 PM
Why are you leaving the door open for so long?

Snowface
28-12-03, 07:33 PM
To stop it coming on either take out bulb or tape or do something with the sensor on the door frame to stop it popping out and turning on the light.

Jules
28-12-03, 07:49 PM
Just re-read the post and missed realised you stated it's when the door is open - You can't turn it off with the door open, unless you either take the bulb out (And burn your fingers in the process) or hold the door switch in.

But for it to flatten your battery then you must be leaving the door open for one hell of a long time and at this time of year it must get damn cold inside your car!!
Are you 100% sure that it's nothing else draining the battery? Maybe the stereo is on too long and too loud without the engine running whilst in the local McDonalds car park?
:roll:

novamaz69_2004
28-12-03, 07:49 PM
took the bulb out n the fuse blew, musta been condensation or summin!!!!!! :? oh well it dont come on n e more!!!! lol......i've replaced the fuse now n stuck blue tack over the sensors on the door! its beyond me why a car is designed with an interior light that cant be manually switched off with the doors open! :? :? :? oh well, looks like an in line switch is the long term solution!! wot a strange but annoyng thing not to have! hope theres better things to come!

thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mc_hawkings
31-12-03, 12:27 AM
try getting a cav surround with light u can switch off