PDA

View Full Version : under car neons illegal or not?

david g
28-12-03, 01:13 PM
r u allowed 2 have neons under your car switched on when you r stopped i no your not allowed them on while driven but i got told by 1 cop i wasn't allowed them on even when parked up?

epo
28-12-03, 01:15 PM
ur ok as long as your on private land\property
thats my understandin

but be prepared for every1 on here 2 say take em off as they dont look good

Freak
28-12-03, 01:32 PM
They are legal IF:

they are static (non flashing)
they are not Red
You can only see the light - not the tubes themselves

Not 100% on the colours- i know there are one or two prohibited- but that is the law- they are not illegal- if done properly

steve-o
28-12-03, 06:32 PM
but be prepared for every1 on here 2 say take em off as they dont look good

take them off there shit.

Philsutton
28-12-03, 06:41 PM
if you want your car to look at little bit more like a gay saxo then go ahead an put them on

krobinson
28-12-03, 07:54 PM
Dont fit them, neons are for gay's and pimps..

dave.gsi
28-12-03, 07:56 PM
maybe hes a gay pimp??

peester
28-12-03, 11:19 PM
well some interior l.e.d-age isn't a crime is it? maybe put them inside the car instead (if youve already bought'em.)

Neil.
29-12-03, 01:33 AM
put the neons on, then paint your car pint and put tiger patterened covers on your seats and white leather on your dash.

Mark
29-12-03, 10:20 AM
put the neons on, then paint your car pint and put tiger patterened covers on your seats and white leather on your dash.

Now that's defo gonna look Bling :!:

Thanks Neil :D

Oh, got any pics of what it looked like when you did it to yours :?: :lol: :lol:

locky
29-12-03, 02:22 PM
IMHO neons look good! provided they are fitted correctly, and cant see the tubes! the correct colour on the car is another thing!
Washerjets e.t.c are a no no. just the underfloor lighting i like!

2litreturbo
29-12-03, 02:54 PM
The law says:

On the front of the vehicle you can display white and amber lights

On the side of your vehicle you can display amber lights

on the rear you can display red and amber

NO lights are to be flashing apart from direction indicator which must flash at between30 and 50 times per minute.

You may display further flashing amber lights to indicate a hazadous load but it must not be in a posistions that it can be confused with a direction signal.

So basically, the only neons that are legal are amber ones that dont flash.

On ThE pAN
29-12-03, 03:02 PM
according to the style police, they are shite and shouldn't be used, you homo!!!

NovaNeil
29-12-03, 08:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with Underground lights!!!
As said before... as long as there fitted correctly and can not been seen directly I think they can look good. And I think easily the majority of people who mod theres cars will agree.

Oh and by the way "FREAK" is right, I too have been told (by a Policeman) that they are legal as long as they don't flash and are not red. Not sure about seeing the tubes though...... he never mentioned that.

epo
29-12-03, 09:59 PM
ive got 2 fit a red set 2 me mates punto 2morrow

hes givin me 2 amp wiring kits 2 fit em

Serialkilla
30-12-03, 12:31 AM
From what i've been told you can have any colour as long as it is a indirect source of light. ( For those that don't understand it means the light has to bounce on something e.g floor...... and not seen directly from the LED/Neon tube).

The best kit that i've seen are the varad led kits.

ade
30-12-03, 12:38 AM
theres a bloke with a clio by me with blue ones under his car - look ok but you can see the tubes through the grill in parts...

I agree that they look good if fitted properly to a properly modded car and not some piece of crap with 13" steelies etc...

Was considering a set of yellow ones for mine when the new kits made - unsure though...

Wife thinks theyre nasty :x and I cannae p1ss the wife off!

locky
30-12-03, 10:14 AM
Wife thinks theyre nasty :x and I cannae p**s the wife off!

Under the thumb already ade lol.
Anything for a quiet life i suppose :wink:

epo
30-12-03, 04:31 PM
i just fitted a set it was bloody cold the self drill screws were all fucked due 2 the fact he kept the same ones off his old car
all the plastic clips were brittle with it being cold then he ran over one of the trailin wires while we were movin the car and pulled it clean out

all in all a ball ache of a job

also he broke his switch and the transformer had a dodgy connection on the it

said ill bring back 2 sort out if owt goes wrong or when i get a new car

my answere "u fuckin wont"
i aint fitting another second hand set :!: :lol:

Ste_Nova
30-12-03, 04:48 PM
wire them in with the HB switch then they will only work when you are stopped