PDA

View Full Version : Little Accident.. !

Chris@Mcfc
28-12-03, 12:16 PM
Last night i had a little crash, well not really a crash just a bump :lol:

Coming out of the Trafford Centre ( I knew i shouldn?t have gone shopping !) I had to swerve to avoid a car and in doing so i skidded on the wet road into a curb.

My left wheel mounted up on the curb.. I was probably doing about 10mph if that but it was quite a loud bang :lol:

I managed to get it home luckily but it was pulling to the left quite alot...

It looks like my wheel has been pushed back about an inch.. My bottom suspension arm is bent and the Cv boot thing is fucked aswell...

I think that?s the only damage so im lucky i suppose...

Is this a simple repair job to do and will it cost me alot to fix ?!

Any help would be appreciated ! Cheers

tonydry
28-12-03, 02:01 PM
anything that is bent replace it then go get it tracked

Chris_W
28-12-03, 02:13 PM
Well if your lucky you might get away with just replacing the bottom arm and balljoint as these are the first bits that bend in that kind of accident. If your unlucky you'll have bent the chassis where the lower arm mounts, and that would mean getting the car jigged, and to be honest thats probably more hassle than it's worth. Get it up on a jack and take a look in daylight, you'll be able to tell pretty quickly if it's FUBAR or not.

Chris

PS. Trafford centre is a shithole! You should know better than to go there! :lol:

Chris@Mcfc
28-12-03, 06:57 PM
Cheers guys...

I dont think i will have bent the chassis... I could of done though...

Hopefully the arm has taken all the impact, it looks as though it has anyway !!

If i do need to get it jigged then i would, She's a little minter which are hard to find these days arent they !!

I'll get the mechanic i use to have a proper look tommorow if he's still not pissed from Christmas !!

Cheers :wink:

m.d.
28-12-03, 07:02 PM
i got a bottom arm from a scrappy for a fiver once when i did this and it sorted it. made it better than before acctually. lol

2litreturbo
28-12-03, 07:02 PM
mine went into a kerb at 45 degrees at 25 mph and i didn't bend the chassis. couldn't drive it home as the wheel was right at the back of the arch. just went down a scrappy and got a wishbone, tie bar and ball joint.

Then it is only three bolts to get off. Just take the one bolt that hold the tie bar at the front (with two huge washers) and the one bolt that goes thru the wishbone. With these off, undo the one that lock the ball joint in place then 'gently'tap it down and off. use new bushes for the tie bar and wishbone and bolt back one. once your car is up and the wheel is off, i could do it in about twenty minutes but if the bolts are shite might take a bit longer.