PDA

View Full Version : c16xe ->nova?

bob
26-12-03, 11:37 AM
Alrite peeps, Im bouncing around ideas at the mo :-) since Im getting rid of the corsa(shudders) as it is a tad boring, I took the c16xe out and refitted the slow eco friendly 1200 16v bk in,however Im missing the roar of the engine and Im now thinking about putting it into a nova- I have gearbox,wiring loom,ecu,linkage,cat converter and all that, in theory the corsa SRi engine was same as the nova SRi, therefore am I rite in saying they use the same mounts? what do I do about driveshafts? if I buy a cheap 1200 8v merit or something to fit the engine into, I will need a gte tank wont I? will I need new fuel lines throughout the car? my major worry is pipes like heater pipes n breathers etc :(

Dicko
26-12-03, 12:25 PM
what nova is it?

if its injection then ur safe, if not then ul need to fit the tank/lines/pump off an injection model.

then....

mounts r the same, wiring is pretty simple, use the nova shafts, corsa gsi top hose, use original alternator and bits unless it had power steering then u need to get rid of that.
for exhuast use the 16v manifold. then a nova gte/gsi/sri downpipe with a GTE system, dont use the cat!!

brian
26-12-03, 12:27 PM
the block is the same to bolt into the nova as the sr/gte/gsi engines so no hassle there.
F15 box is sound to use with any Nova drive shafts. (GTE/GSi ones are slightly thicker but use any to get going)
Some say to change the alternator and bottom pully to the V type to give more clearance (if you do this you must use a V type bottom pully with teeth for the crank sensor)
The last one i fitted i left the wide belt system on and had enough clearance.
You will need the 16v trottle cable.
As regards a tank its best to fit a GSi/GTE tank as they contain a swirlpot. lack of this will result in the car spluttering/dying while cornering.
Might as well use GSi/GTE lines as well and bolt them up using the proper clips (its the tidiest way i think)
The corsa airbox is too big for the Nova so you will need to fit an induction kit (if its not already fitted)
All water hoses will mate up bar the top rad one. you will need the corsa S shape one.
The 16v manifold will fit straight onto a Nova GSi/GTE downpipe and system.
Wiring is pretty straight forward. leave all wiring on the 16 engine. fit the engine. at the back of the engine you will see a 4 pole connector. cut off the connector and join these wires to the corresponding wires from the Nova loom.
Near the 16v ecu you will see the temp wire which needs to be connected to the temp wire from the nova loom.
The fuel pump relay (purple) is near the ecu. find the red/blue wire going into it, scotch lock on a wire to this and run it to your fuel pump. this is your + feed.

Anything i might have forgotten just say! :D

:!: :!: :!:
And if any Admin read this could this please be put into the how-to section as its a question that comes up time and time again and its a fairly long topic to answer correctly
:!: :!: :!:

brian
26-12-03, 12:29 PM
dicko ya got in there just before me! i was still typing when ya posted!! :evil: :lol:

Dicko
26-12-03, 02:52 PM
haha

i red that n thought hmm the git jus copied what i said :roll:

bob
05-01-04, 11:00 AM
how do I get around the power steering pump and take it off? will I need a new tensioner and where can I get one? wot do I do about the belt? the engine is going in my mates SRi- will get pics in a day or 2

Dicko
05-01-04, 11:05 AM
yes u need to get rid of the PAS, and get a belt of a non PAS version

bob
05-01-04, 06:26 PM
my mate has removed the PAS pump but does not know what to do about tensioners or what belt to use, any advice? as this is the only major hurdle left to take :)

Dicko
05-01-04, 06:40 PM
probly end up geting somebody with EPC tyo look what is different and get the parts. i cant remember off the top of my head.

u just get rid of the tensioner/pas and run a belt direct from the bottom pulley to the alt!!

bob
06-01-04, 11:02 AM
how mew a versiop of the EPC cd wud I need? I had one somewhere lol!