PDA

View Full Version : Calibra Turbo

so1o
25-12-03, 12:38 PM
Went to see a Calibra Turbo today, totally standard. Engine ticked over nicely from cold start, tappets sounded for about 3 seconds then went to normal. Test drove the car and can honestly say that it didnt feel much faster then my valver. I've never driven a cally turbo before but i was expecting more, could just about feel the turbo cutting in, is this how it should be or is the car knackered? It didnt feel messed up or anything, everything seemed to work normally it just didnt meet my expectations. The car wasnt going like i expected it to, to tell you the truth i was expecting it to eat my valver but i reckon mine is quicker, is it because the cars so big? compared to my puny nova?

Will i feel the turbo a hell of a lot more in my nova?

Solo

NovaNeil
25-12-03, 05:33 PM
Like you suggested, you might of been going as quick its just that in a Nova you will feel like your going quicker.... Its the whole light car with big power scenario that makes you feel like your taking off, whereas a standard Bra Turbo is a lot smoother and surfisticated... Having said that, a Nova + Valver, would be more than a match for a Standard Bra Turbo in a straight line I would of thought! :twisted:

so1o
26-12-03, 05:48 AM
I have spoken to a couple of people and they said theres definitely something wrong with that car. TBH i couldnt even feel the turbo cut in just very very slightly in second gear, i think the turbo was knackered.

Ste_Nova
26-12-03, 10:52 AM
did it have a boost gauge?

Dan
26-12-03, 10:55 AM
tbh i think you mighta been expecting alot more than was there in the first place, i been in a few and they seem fairly nippy esp for a car of their size, but they wont pin your head back with sheer force. a couple of standard items around my way have been upset by myself a few times expecting their 'turbo' to kill me lmao.

Rick Draper
26-12-03, 12:53 PM
tbh i think you mighta been expecting alot more than was there in the first place, i been in a few and they seem fairly nippy esp for a car of their size, but they wont pin your head back with sheer force. a couple of standard items around my way have been upset by myself a few times expecting their 'turbo' to kill me lmao when actually it was the burger van that killed me.