PDA

View Full Version : Show dates 2004

novax
25-12-03, 08:58 AM
Got these sent to me from VxlSCC as I'm an RO. Thought some of you show-go-ers would be interested.

Donny - 17-18th April
We will again be having one of the largest club stand at the 2004 Doncaster Custom and Sports Car show on 17 and 18 April. We are still waiting to here about prices, but this two day event will be very popular. Members must book spaces using the form in the next HPm - but spaces will be allocated on first come first served basis - with weekend booking only. (as per the show organisers instructions)

CCC Action Day - 24 April
Despite the demise of Car & Car Conversions magazine, Castle Combe circuit have confirmed they will still be running the well-known April action day. With a mix of club displays and track time, a provisional date has been set for the 24 April.

Fast Car Live (Scotland) - 22nd-23rd May
New to our diary, we?re heading up to Scotland for a special club display at the Fast Car Live show, Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh. This indoor show will be held on 22 and 23 May at.

European Treffen Show - May
Opel show at Treffen, Belgium. If interest is sufficient, the club would look to organise an official presence, with a group discount for the ferry, route plans and a club display at the event.

Performance Vauxhall Show - 6th June
National Day will again be held at the Performance Vauxhall Show on 6 June at Santa Pod. We have decided to go-again with this venue as to give stability and build the national day event. We will again be running best kept car, but this year the overall winner from the last national day will be joining the judging team. This years event looks like being bigger and better than ever.

Donny South - 15th August
New to this years diary, we will be putting on a large display at next years Donny South even to be held at North Weald airfield in Essex on 15 August. We don't have many details at the moment - but will keep you updated as they are announced.

Trax 04 - 5th September (PROVISIONAL date)
A PROVISIONAL date of 5 September has been announced. As usual the event will be held at Silverstone circuit. We will be having a large club display (not organised by regional group) with discounted tickets available to members and guests. Booking form for members to follow in a later HPm.

Billing rally update - 17-19th September
Next years annual Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association Rally, traditionally held around July at Billing Aquadrome in Northamptonshire, has been moved to 17-19 September. The VBOA had difficultly securing a early date, so a later date was booked. We are planning large club display, organised by Regional group. A booking form for members will follow in a later HPm.

krobinson
25-12-03, 11:22 AM
Cheers for that..

I think trax will be a definate for me.. not sure about others since it cost me a fortune for the boat, hotels etc.

Keith

Ste_Nova
25-12-03, 11:26 AM
hotels... wft!.... you camp at most events!

krobinson
25-12-03, 12:26 PM
Well i've only ever been to trax, 2002 and 2003, stayed in hotels cos there handy.

Could probably camp for others! But its still an expensive trip. ?120 petrol average alone lol

Keith

epo
25-12-03, 01:43 PM
i shall deffo be goin 2 a few of em
trax donny and as many pod shows as i can

Jules
25-12-03, 02:15 PM
Probably just do PV and VBOA this year, would of done Trax if VBOA had of been in July like usual but as they are so close together I can't be arsed to do both of 'em and as VBOA is THE best event of the year then I gotta go Billing!!

Ian
25-12-03, 02:19 PM
Novaload will have a stand at performance vauxhall and trax as usual. ticket details soon.

NovaNeil
25-12-03, 05:29 PM
Castle Combe..... YEY!!!! :D :P :twisted:

I'll be looking forward to that one the most:!:

novax
25-12-03, 09:09 PM
Hotels are useful for Donney as camping at that time of the year just isn't happening for me :wink: I'll be unvailing the new "X" there so hope we get good weather like last year.

We'll be at all the shows this year as usual

rob_wilkinson
26-12-03, 07:48 PM
How do you get your Car on a stand

novax
26-12-03, 08:37 PM
To get on a stand you have to be a member of a recognised club, Novaload comes into the bracket although it's not a club in the legal sence of the word. If you think you'd like to do this right throught the summer join the VxlSCC. Plenty going on all year round including factory visits etc.

olly55
26-12-03, 09:27 PM
donny is a must its the best weekend ever

prolly camp this yr as it was more of a laff with other car owners than stayin in a hotel, hotels warmer but more hassle

epo
26-12-03, 09:34 PM
a few of us me and me mates r on about campin and we only live 3o mins a away itll be a good laugh

id like 2 have me sri on the novaload stand at atleast one show this yeah

rob_wilkinson
27-12-03, 11:11 AM
I want to go to donny, P.V and trax so you think i should join Vxlscc. My car should be ready for donny. Do you definately get on a stand then or does someone choose the best cars from the club?

ade
27-12-03, 12:14 PM
mighte take in the red line one in scotland - nice to see some decent shows up here for a change. Will defo be at trax and Billing - just not in my nova - which by then will be in bits!

8)

novax
27-12-03, 07:00 PM
The club never picks the best cars.... We normally go as regions, so you'd have to join that as well. For the national shows like Donney we go as a club and it's first come first served. Last year e had 50 cars each day.

It costs ?30 a year, you get discounts and a proper club mag 6 times a year. VxlSCC is the only club of any manufacturer in the country to be supported by the manufacturer themselves. It's been set up as a PLC as well so you can see the accounts if you really wanted to....

Well worth the money!