PDA

View Full Version : carpets

m.d.
24-12-03, 07:10 PM
ive just removed all my old carpets from my nova and sorted the rust out on the floors. i dont fancy puttin them back in tho cos they are horrid. i was wonderin how hard it is to get new carpets or can u just use carpets from some carpet shop. has anyone done this before and if so how did it come out.

epo
24-12-03, 08:19 PM
i was actually thinkin of doin this mate either that or gettin the carpet out of a blue antibees

General Baxter
24-12-03, 08:39 PM
iv done it out of red ice carpet, looks lovely smells new but nobody gets in my car with dirty shoes

ill i done was put it over the original carpet

epo
24-12-03, 09:33 PM
did u use spradesive or ne thing 2 fastern it down mate

m.d.
25-12-03, 07:24 PM
i was lookin in kevin coopers the other day and they sell black carpet for sub boxes etc. bit expensive but would do the job.

like epo_sri asked, how do you stick it down :?:

epo
25-12-03, 09:38 PM
[quote="m.d."]i was lookin in kevin coopers the other day and they sell black carpet for sub boxes etc. bit expensive but would do the job.

quote]

the cheapest place ive seen it mate is on ebay only 4.99 a roll :!:

novaexplod
26-12-03, 01:36 PM
i wuda thort contact adhesive would be a gudun. where is the carpet all attached????? other than under the front seats, the back bench and the sills???

shabba16
27-12-03, 01:01 AM
when i broke my 205 gti for parts i used the red carpet outta that, the floorpan is wider so it fits in a nova with excess :lol: :arrow:

Jim
27-12-03, 04:33 PM
like epo_sri asked, how do you stick it down :?:

Halfords sells Spray adheiseve for doing sub boxes. It's not brilliant, but will do the job.

Jim

srs1
27-12-03, 11:02 PM
not wantig to p**s on your bonfire here lads, but.....
if you stick the carpet down and you want to do a rewire on speakers? or your car has a hole on the floor pan. glueing it down may give a good finish but think a little more towards the what if scenario.

Jim
27-12-03, 11:40 PM
not wantig to p**s on your bonfire here lads, but.....
if you stick the carpet down and you want to do a rewire on speakers? or your car has a hole on the floor pan. glueing it down may give a good finish but think a little more towards the what if scenario.

I know what your saying, but the spray doesnt hold it do that strongly. You can peel it up fairly easily. Alternatively, they could just glue it down in certain plaes and use the door sills to hold it in place.

Jim

m.d.
28-12-03, 06:37 PM
i used double sided tape in the end. seemed to do the job but laying the carpet was much harder than i thaught. dont look too bad i spose.

epo
28-12-03, 07:01 PM
i used double sided tape in the end. seemed to do the job but laying the carpet was much harder than i thaught. dont look too bad i spose.

got ne pics mate?

ade
30-12-03, 01:28 AM
what you need is a special fabric that you can form into the srape of the floorpan without glueing - I forget the name - summut like neopoly or summut - you heat it lightly with a heat gun and push it - it stretches.

I'd ise the old carpet as a template.

OR - jet wash the old carpet then get some carpet adhesive from B&Q and stick the new "bassbox" carpet to it. That way you keep the sdame shape and get a newer carpet all in one!

Thats what Id do

:wink: