PDA

View Full Version : Traffic!

so1o
23-12-03, 04:33 PM
Anyone noticed how bad the traffics suddenly got?

It took me 50 minutes yesterday to get from the third floor to the second floor of Luton Arndale carpark.

Today all the roads are jam packed, cant even go out because you get stuck in traffic.

Oh well.....useless info for ya all.

Dpnova
23-12-03, 04:34 PM
I agree its been bad but it is very bad but its better coming home from work at about 6

Mark
23-12-03, 04:35 PM
LOL - even better going to work a 6...PM :D

Puntobabe
23-12-03, 04:40 PM

It took me 50 minutes yesterday to get from the third floor to the second floor of Luton Arndale carpark.

Today all the roads are jam packed, cant even go out because you get stuck in traffic.

We were stuck there too, but for over 2 hours cause we were parked on the 6th floor :(

Breeny
23-12-03, 04:44 PM
For Luton/Dunstable..

Its cos J 9 to 13 of the M1 are closed.. All the traffic is being diverted through Luton and up the A5 etc..

Stuart
23-12-03, 04:58 PM
the M25/M4 are a complete joke, ive been saying its getting worse for over a year now.

used to take me spot on 3 hours to get from royston (not vasey) to swansea. but now its a 4 hour drive minmum. and as for sunday nite travelling FORGET it. best time is tuesday - thursday between 10am and 3pm lol

its worse this time of year due to it being xmas, but its dire all the time in msot places

locky
23-12-03, 05:12 PM
Cardiff is a nightmare!even the shortcuts are filling up! im dreading having a call on boxing day or the day after!

dangermousegsi
23-12-03, 06:24 PM
they could use the extra money they get from gatso's to turn the camera's into projectors and show movies or football/rugby matchs during massive jams on the m25

Stuart
23-12-03, 11:31 PM
^^^^^ that man is a genious! lol

?Marty?
23-12-03, 11:39 PM
oh well, traffic in Burnley has been wonderful lately. Not busy at all. In fact its LESS busy as there's no 'schooll run' twice a day. :D

so1o
24-12-03, 07:29 AM
Breeny was there an accident on the motorway? Or did they close it of to piss me off?

Will
24-12-03, 10:03 AM
they are closing loads of roads local to use over xmas solo, many roads closed at midnight last night and reopen on sunday its a pain in the arse, i had to use lots of abck roads to get to work and it was meant to be an easy drive on xmas eve! lol

marty? as for skool runs, no more? DOH. lmfao

so1o
24-12-03, 10:22 AM
I hope Junction 8 for Hemel's open, working Christmas day nights :lol: if that makes sense. Nice open Road :D

BTW If a digi dash shows 136mph how accurate woulds that be, about 130mph?

Jordi
24-12-03, 10:43 AM
Gunna be busy today and 2nite, ppl rushing out to shops before tomoz etc....glad i got a bike so i can nip between the cars.

NOVASH
24-12-03, 11:10 AM
It was quite this mornin for me on the way to work...

Got to work early.......aarrrgghhh :o

Alex
28-12-03, 04:23 PM

We were stuck there too, but for over 2 hours cause we were parked on the 6th floor :(

Claire/solo you can go to the roof, and drive across to the other car park. Never any queues to get out of there

Puntobabe
29-12-03, 07:48 PM
there was, and that queue was not moving at all, if we'd stayed in that queue we'd of been about 3 hours rather than 3 :o

ade
30-12-03, 12:53 AM
so...that would be the last minute mental heads buying their last minute pressies and food and that!

I however (since moving) - avoid all traffic and have a MASSVIE 24 hour tesco 10 minutes from my house!

However ( :o ) they had to close this on Christmas Eve due to health and safety reasons (maximum people in store) - they were letting one trolley in at a time!

:o

I highly recommend Tesco.com - internet shopping - they deliver which saves on petrol, its cheaper cos its the internet, theres no annoying people and grannies with trolleys they just stand in the middle of the ailes looking completely lost (feckin dementia kicking in) AND NO MASSIVE QUEUES and no getting out of car parks.

They also deliver like the next day!

:wink:

and no I dont work for them - just think its brill - I hate town now!

?Marty?
30-12-03, 03:10 AM
i buy almost everything off the net. More convenient, and works out cheapet most of the time too.

The only exception is clothes, as i like to try things on, and erm, feel the quality of the fabric. lol

so1o
30-12-03, 05:42 AM
Alex, it was my mates car and he was on the second floor when i told him to piss off as he had to pop into one shop, by the time i got his car to the third floor he was back so we headed back down.