PDA

View Full Version : water pumps

a2lt16v
22-12-03, 02:11 PM
is a 1.6 water pump same as 1.3 water pump. something is rattling and im hoping its water pump and not the oil pump

Ste_Nova
22-12-03, 02:57 PM
err you planning to fit a 2nd hand one?

a2lt16v
22-12-03, 03:12 PM
err no i just happen to have a brand new 1.6 that i bought ages ago and thought i would see if that will do rather than buying other one

novax
28-12-03, 07:47 AM
they do all look the same, I guess the simplest solution is to buy the correct one and compare them. If it is the same then take it back.

novax
28-12-03, 08:03 AM
Just had a look on EPC, they have different part numbers

Dave_Hay
28-12-03, 09:52 PM
first question would be

how the fuck does ur water pump rattle lol and if it does why u drving with it like that - its your tensioner on the nova :o

whip of cambelt cover and theres a hole at top of water pump - if theres water all over side of engine and out of that hole its fucked - youll notice water leaking onto manifold and some smoke at front of engine and lack of water in header tank too tho ;)

and as said 1.6 wont fit - there only ?15 new so there right one plus ?10 for timing belt, job worth doing but its not much fun.

vauxhall water pumps r shit and as soon as there touched they brake - doesnt help when u gotta adjust pump to fit new timing belt

agh quality cheap vaux design lol

Aragorn
29-12-03, 12:19 AM
the pump doesnt break when u touch em

the o-rings go brittle over time and if u disturb the pump and dont replace the o-ring it will leak

mines got a nice layer of instant gasket round it for that exact reason - couldnt find a 0-ring anywhere without buying a complete pump, and its run for 4000miles perfectly so im happy

Dave_Hay
29-12-03, 12:39 PM
my gasket was fine on my fucked water pump (nova and cavalier)

mikeyredtop
29-12-03, 01:53 PM
i never undo the pump/tensioner for that reason, u can slot the belt off an on the pully easily!!.

mc_hawkings
31-12-03, 12:33 AM
my gasket was fine on my fucked water pump (nova and cavalier

dave isn't talikng about 'o' rings its the seal inside the pump if thats gone water will come out of small hole from underneath the pump