PDA

View Full Version : Corsa 2ltr 16v help!! Please

NOVADOSE16
21-12-03, 05:37 PM
Well my car is doing my head in now:mad: Not even got to drive the thing yet:( . I have just bought some Cossvaux Hubs so i can use the Astra GTE 16v driveshafts.

The drivers side driveshaft went in fine. But the passenger side One went in the gearbox fine but when trying to put the hub back on to the driveshaft and bolt it all back to the suspension leg it just didn't want go:confused: Kind of like the driveshaft was too long:confused: But it shud be perfect. Anyway finally got it on with ALLOT of persuasion and now the driveshaft is REALLY tight to turn round. When u start the engine when jacked up the drivers side driveshaft is fine and spins round a little like they do but the passenger side one doesn't??

And I cannot get the gear linkage right either because the linage hits the steering column when u try and select 2nd, or 4th. 1st 3rd and 5th are fine??????:confused:

Could these 2 problems be because of the same thing like the engine is too far over or something????

Anybody Know Why?? Its really doing my head in now so i could really do with some help here:(

Cheers
Chris

Aragorn
21-12-03, 10:16 PM
u cant run astra driveshafts even with a hub kit - they are too long...

afaik all the hub kit does is allow you to run astra outer cv joints

you'd still need a suitable shaft

NOVADOSE16
21-12-03, 10:21 PM
:? Are you sure mate???? I'm pretty sure people use the full driveshafts with these hubs?? And why doesn the other side fit ok but this one doesn't?

Cheers
DAN

2litreturbo
22-12-03, 04:24 PM
The astra was wider than the corsa so there is NO way you can use the shafts. The larger hubs allow you to use custom driveshafts that have larger splines (which are apparently stronger).

The reason one side fits fine and the other doesn't is that the engine is not in the same posistion in the corsa as it is in the astra, in the corsa it sits slightly more to the nearside hence why your n's shaft doesn't fit.

Ste_Nova
22-12-03, 04:33 PM
he's fitting it in a corsa

novax
25-12-03, 09:58 PM
Hubs are for larger custom driveshafts as the power through the original shafts might be a week point. If you were running standard power they would be OK (GSi/GTE) but if you start modding the engine then they need swapping.