PDA

View Full Version : Weber 32/34

Mark
21-12-03, 02:35 PM
Is there a guide on the net on how to fit the bloody things?

Snowface
21-12-03, 05:26 PM
i'd be interested in one also.

benji
21-12-03, 05:45 PM
use your haynes manual it's not too hard.

Mark
21-12-03, 06:54 PM
use your haynes manual it's not too hard.

Thanks, maybe you could point out which page has the Weber 32/34 on it :?: :roll: :roll:

m.d.
21-12-03, 07:13 PM
assuming u have removed the old carb then there will be 3 holes in which the old carb was mounted to. a plate that comes with the webber will have these holes drilled in it. line them up and i think one of them is used on the webber where as the other two are used to bolt the plate down with screws. now there will be 4 available holes on the plate for studs to fit over which the carb will sit. once the 4 nuts (13mm) are done up the webber will be secure. the origional throttle cable end should fit in the webber linkage. once fitted then the vacum advance from the dizzy will fit a pipe on the rear of the carb. the fuel lines will need connecting, there is only one hole on the webber i think so you will need to fit a T piece to the fuel line for a return to tank.

hope this helps as this is the best i can remember from when i fitted mine. (2 years ago)

Mark
21-12-03, 07:20 PM
Excellent, now I have fitted everything, and have no problem there. - My problem comes when connecting up, I found the vacum advance which is on the front of mine, I found the fuel 'in' point, but that leaves 1 connector free and 2 connections left, 1 is the fuel return and the other is the small pipe from the back of the manifold next to the water pipe??

Ste_Nova
22-12-03, 12:27 PM
return is sorted with a weber t-piece

Mark
22-12-03, 12:37 PM
Thanks Ste, I have sorted out where all th pipes go now, but the bloody thing still ain't right....

I got it fired up yesterday, but it would not idle at all and was very rough untill high revs, took it out on the road and it went like a bat out of hell with my foot to the floor, but as soon as you back off it dies...any ideas?

Ste_Nova
22-12-03, 01:05 PM
any ideas?

yeh it will need tuning now... any mot place will be able to make basic adjustments

Mark
22-12-03, 02:23 PM
Thanks Ste, I may seem fundamentally stupid, but I can tune a car, I have atempted to tune this carb to the best of my abilities, but it just does not want to play ball, just wondering if there is something I may have missed or if my car has a definate 'problem' in which case I visit and murder the bloke I got it from!

Ste_Nova
22-12-03, 02:53 PM
i tryed setting mine and got no where... took it to local garage and it was running right in miniutes... do you have an exhaust gas analizer?

Mark
22-12-03, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I have a Gunsons pro gas tester...

Getting fed up now, think I'll strip the carb and check that side of things..

CP
22-12-03, 10:17 PM
Sounds like an air leak between carb and head - check the adapter plate sealing?

Shud run well enough to get to a rolling road to do a power run for jetting purposes

CP
22-12-03, 10:23 PM
Is it a 32/34 DMTL? which defender did it come off - 90 or 110?
you got the ID no. for it?

Stuart
22-12-03, 10:34 PM
hark at you with your books to read while im away lol

Mark
22-12-03, 11:20 PM
Thanks CP, I think I have it sorted now, the jets and venturies were a little clogged, so I'll put it back together tommorow and give it another go.

Defender?? - Did I miss something?

CP
23-12-03, 09:20 PM
Well according to the haynes carb manual that camb has lent me the Weber 32/34 DMTL is only found in Landy defenders which I thought was amusing :lol:

The carbs nicked out of Festas for this mod appear to be either:
1. 32/34 DFT
2. 28/32 TLDM

:?

Mark
23-12-03, 10:58 PM
Ah, good old trusty Haynes, always thorough and never wrong....lol