PDA

View Full Version : c20xe gear linkage

LiD0N
21-12-03, 02:34 AM
do i use the mount and linkage from the nova or the cav 1 im guessing u use the nova one cos the spacers dont seem to fit the cav 1 just thought i would double check..

novax
21-12-03, 09:31 AM
I'm looking at this now for the 1.6 16v, I'm using the Nova mount, it' has to be the GTE/GSi one though and then the linkage fits in. My only consern is the Nova linkages sweep around the back of the speedo cacle and many of the later types don't. Unless someone on here gives you the absolute answer it might be a trip to the scrappy and a bit of experimentation.

fearless
21-12-03, 01:08 PM
Use the nova gear linkage but rotate the Nylon Block that joins to the selector turrret, 180 degrees (U may have to cut one tiny lug off the nylon block to do this)

Try this site

http://www.valvers.com

Not read it yet but there's a guide on here how to fit a 20xe in a nova !!!!

Dicko
21-12-03, 01:12 PM
I'm looking at this now for the 1.6 16v, I'm using the Nova mount, it' has to be the GTE/GSi one though and then the linkage fits in. My only consern is the Nova linkages sweep around the back of the speedo cacle and many of the later types don't. Unless someone on here gives you the absolute answer it might be a trip to the scrappy and a bit of experimentation.

i used a nova linkage on mine mate!!!

LiD0N
21-12-03, 01:45 PM
ok thanx guys thought as much cos the spacers that i got off brian from valvers.com didnt fit with the cav mount.. thx again..