PDA

View Full Version : bodykit rims spoliers der lot

the nos boy
20-12-03, 08:30 PM
I NEED HEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

wat is the biggest baddest bodykit ever?!?

i also need a huge spoiler to go on my sri

wat about rims do 17s go starght on or is there work needed

can i do it all my self and do they f*** up the handling and fast ness.

as i do like blasting down the odd country lane or two :D

i need to now the prices where to get them from and many many pictures plz

cheerz

nosboy :P

peester
20-12-03, 08:38 PM
you don't want much then; why do you want us (which'll be a right mixture of opinions) telling/advising you how to build youre car mate?? youve been on before causing a riiiiiiiite rift. you car's gonna be as biggest and baddest as your wallet and imagination are mate. another tip is you'll get better replys/advise if you be more specific perhaps. good luck mate you sound keen anyway. big up.

masterclarkson
20-12-03, 10:59 PM
why would you want a massive spoiler? it will succeed only in ''massively spoiling'' your car (unless thats what you want), or it will enable you to re-enact the first flight by the Wright Brothers on the Centenary of the occassion.

My advice,

K.I.S.S

Keep it Simple Stupid!

AnThoNYnOvA
21-12-03, 01:27 AM
with the 17 the acrches will need modified

?Marty?
21-12-03, 01:56 AM
why would you want a massive spoiler? it will succeed only in ''massively spoiling'' your car (unless thats what you want), or it will enable you to re-enact the first flight by the Wright Brothers on the Centenary of the occassion.

My advice,

K.I.S.S

Keep it Simple Stupid!

unless you actually WANT an individual car and actually want to MODIFY it.

half of you keep it simple fans are stuck up your own arses.

novaexplod
21-12-03, 11:58 AM
i agree with marty, for example people who dont own novas dont want to see a standard lookin nova cos to them its just another scabby nova, wen u bring something different into it thats wen uve made the nova special and sumthin GOOD to look at. (fuck subtle)

masterclarkson
21-12-03, 12:53 PM
fair enough. but in my opinion most people look at over maxxed cars and laugh. which is not fair considering how much some of you guys spend

At the end of the day the car is british and not a jap one and so the styling should be done british.

Less is more

Look at Krobinsons. tell me cool marty's car looks nicer than that.

novaexplod
21-12-03, 04:53 PM
yeh its another nova with a unique gsi kit and the unique speedline alessio's, i still prefer marty's.

Ben3042
21-12-03, 11:43 PM
I like subtle nova's as much as i like kitted novas, the only thing is that speedline's and gsi kits are getting to common and so many people have them,

Kitted nova's are cool aslong as they have been built properly as in a solid base thats been put together properly and not a rusty old heap of shit thats had skirts slapped on the side to cover up the rust!

What i dont like seing is idiots that drive like twats in their nova's with viper stripes, neon washer jets, jap stickers, peco bb4, plastic 5 spoked hub caped, motorsport slapped across the windscreen! that sort of thing.

These sort of people will slap anything they can get hold of for under ?20 onto there rusty nova and then thing they have a proper bad boy kitted motor

imo that's what's given nova's a bad repuation and spoils it for people who spend alot of time and money on their pride and joy

Oh and i must not forgot i have known people to cut their standard springs down with an angle grinder :roll:

?Marty?
22-12-03, 12:10 AM
fair enough. but in my opinion most people look at over maxxed cars and laugh. which is not fair considering how much some of you guys spend

At the end of the day the car is british and not a jap one and so the styling should be done british.

Less is more

Look at Krobinsons. tell me cool marty's car looks nicer than that.

That's like asking people to agree that coffe is better than tea. Just because i have a 'maxxed car' (not that i even like max power or cruising or any of the 'boy racer lifestyle') does not mean that i think that cars that are not 'maxed' are 'not as good', where as the 'keep it simple lot' seem to think they are absolutely correct in believing that they are 'doing it how is should be done and anything else is just shit and wrong', and that makes me laugh, even if i do like the actual cars myself.

People assume i dont because thats not how my car looks like, but my car is just how i felt like on one day when i decided what further modifications to do it it, once it already was modified, but still looked like any other 'simple/subtle' car to me, and i wanted something more unique still.

People laugh at 'maxed' cars, because it is a LOT easier to get things wrong when going for such a look. My car IS the 'subtle/smooth' car you like so much, but underneath the kit. I added the kit because i wanted more, and i didnt want something that was nothing more than a standard nova to just about anyone but hardcore nova fans

I could remove my 'lairy' bodykit, stick some gsi bumpers and skirts all round and some speedline 2's, and it would BE a very good example of the 'subtle/smooth' cars. But to me that would be 'going backwards', as all the 'keep it simple' mods, i already take for granted and look for 'something further'. If you know what i mean.

Not going to argue about it tho (hope it doesnt come accross like that), especially since you're just stating your opinion and we are all entitled to hold different views, but wanted to say that just because i have my car the way i have it, doesn't mean i prefer them like that, or that i would even do another one like that again. However, i am NOT a nova enthusiast, i just like cars in general, and as much as i like the smooth and subtle one's, i feel that they still all look too much like standard cars, and i wanted to drive around in something different at the time of deciding to have the bodywork as it is (tho i was actually going to have it quite a lot different, and lot less 'off the shelf', but didn't for a number of reasons), which is not to say that i would do it like that again.

Most people laugh at 'maxxed cars' because they are not 'done right'. Whatever look you go for, you still have to make sure things dont look out of place and everything complements each other. Some people laugh at maxed cars because they are OTT or 'lick and stick' maxed cars, or they just laugh at ANY modification that is not available as a main dealer option, and then there are people that just laugh at Novas, no matter what they look like or how fast they drive.

'And just because you're british doesnt mean you want to, or should, eat fish and chips everynight and nothing else', so it doesn't mean something should be done a certain way. In fact the whole principle of modifying is not to conform and to express your individuality. However, things still get 'labeled' because of people copying each other and also for the simple fact that some people dont have the skills, knowledge, or funds tomake their own products, and therefore have to buy whats available to them. And everything is available to everyone for the same price, and the more demand there is for something, the more it will be produced, and therefore the more it will also be common. But that is just common sense.

I would not label my car as 'jap' and do not see any modifications as jap or euro or touring or motorsport, it's just 'my car'. Though i understand how those things influence modifications and parts available, but i did not ever aspire my car to be 'jap' or 'fast and furious' or anything else. Those are just things that determine what is available.

I agree on the 'less is more' thing, simplicity is the highest form of sophistication (for the second reply of tonight).

Ben3042
22-12-03, 12:30 AM
Very long post there marty but very well said 8)

If every one was to modify there nova in one way then it would be boring and the there would be no such thing as unique.

Personally i prefer kitted nova's because lets face it there's nothing special about nova's anyway especially standard one's.

I also dont see the point in doing a 1.0 ect up to look like a gsi! coz at the end of the day its still known as the same car it started off as A ONE LITRE! And is missing the most important thing that a gsi has, Power !!!

Dpnova
22-12-03, 09:31 AM
Back to the origional question, go for a Kingdom kit if you want a big ott kit. Or the BAT kit. Have a look at some of the features on the site to give you an idea :D

dangermousegsi
22-12-03, 03:01 PM
if u like givin ur chariot sum stick bown B'roads go for 15's not 17's they give a better balance of speed an grip then 17's and require less hassle to fit.

Again dont go for a huge spoiler if u want top speed cause the nova is front wheel drive u want to keep the front wheels on the ground as much as possible other wise u lose grip and speed cause ur huge spoiler will be pushing the back down and lifting the front up.

epo
22-12-03, 03:53 PM
i dont go in 4 body kits dont get me wrong i like em i dont have em 4 2 reasons

1 i cant be assed\afford 2 pay sum 1 to fit em
2 i dont have the time 2 fit em myself

but i do like big wheels 17" look spot on

with my nova am keepin me standard gry bumpers as i relly like how they set the car off
just look at nutty nova flairs (craig)

his cars mint in my opinion

Will
22-12-03, 04:20 PM
GSI kit

Speedlines

Seat Splitter

do that it will be most original :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

novaexplod
22-12-03, 06:09 PM
that combination is just borin now n dont intrest me at all, marty's car is a unique nova to be proud of in my opinion. :roll:

epo
22-12-03, 07:00 PM
that combination is just borin now n dont intrest me at all, marty's car is a unique nova to be proud of in my opinion. :roll:

dont get me wrong i think martys car spot on and 2 wud be proud 2 own it

djp_y2k
22-12-03, 09:52 PM
christ u guys stray off subject bad.

:lol: :lol:

I take it ur after a big jap kit for ur nova. If u are try the likes of Kingdom and BAT sport,

There are others, but these are the best to jap style bumpers for a nova.

If other people can add to it even better.

As for wheels. If u are having a jap kit, u will need 17's or bigger in my opinion.

But if u want a nicely modded nova u can drive and thrash around (in the right places, not through towns)

Then smooth euro look or gsi with a set of 16's. THe gsi and alesios look may be common as muck, but I will always admire them, as they will usually be a more complete car than jap kitted nova's.