PDA

View Full Version : FAO Karl Rowntree

novacabrio
20-12-03, 05:58 PM
Just read the feature on your car in total vauxhall jan issue, Excellent the car is a credit to you 8)

krobinson
20-12-03, 06:30 PM
oh you kept that one quiet karl!!!

Nice one, must go buy it before my nightshift!

Keith

novacabrio
20-12-03, 06:32 PM
dont think its on general sale yet m8, i got it at work on subscriptrion, one of the many benefits of subscribing :D

Jules
20-12-03, 07:00 PM
Comes out Xmas eve (That's the 24th incase you were wondering!!)

Oooh so Karl's Nova is in there, I always look sforward to seeing what Nova they feature, sometimes I'm disappointed to find it some ill fitting bodykitted piece of tat, but recently there's been some good un's (Martin Weavers, Brett Warburtons etc etc) and I'll add Karls to that 'Good one' list.

Also, has anyone got on info on Jon Walshs Nova? I heard somewhere that he's putting the 40's on a 1.6 16v lump :?:

/me reminds himself to subscribe sometime.......
:oops:

RJM25R
20-12-03, 08:28 PM
you haven't mentioned mine Jules

Jules
20-12-03, 08:57 PM
Yours was one of the "etc etc" ones!!

OK and yours aswell then Rick!!
:lol:

krobinson
20-12-03, 09:11 PM
what issue was martin weavers featured?

Keith

karl Rowntree
21-12-03, 12:31 AM
Cheers guys, only just seen the feature myself after andy posted it on novalution. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh as i dont have a subscription! Oh well it will be a good christmas present when i do get it.

Keith, i didnt tell anyone about the feature because i wanted it to be a surprise for the guys that help me build it (you know who you are and again a big thanks) :wink: Plus you know me keith im not one for showing off and being in the spot light.

Martins hasnt been featured yet mate, but when we get round to putting his engine in im sure it will.

Ben
21-12-03, 01:22 AM
Recently brett warburtons? Has it been featured again? if not that was nearly two years ago!!!

Will look forward to reading this months as i was a bit annoyed with the VX220 guide book wich was called Decembers edition.

Jules
21-12-03, 12:53 PM
what issue was martin weavers featured?

Keith

/me looks back through his old issues.........

October '03 (Blue Cav on 19"s on the cover with the title 'Laughing boy')
Pages 54 to 59 inclusive)
:D

Recently brett warburtons? Has it been featured again? if not that was nearly two years ago!!!

Seems more recent that that!! My how time flys!!!

locky
21-12-03, 01:30 PM
Will look forward to reading this months as i was a bit annoyed with the VX220 guide book wich was called Decembers edition.

Agreed! iv hardly opened up the magazine! very disappointed with this months issue!
Congrats Karl!

andybishop
21-12-03, 01:32 PM
Jules, That'll be Martin Kelson's nova that's featured in the October Issue...

elgan
21-12-03, 02:18 PM
lurvley nova mate

got a similar kinda thing to what im building, just nice and simple and smooth. very effective!

Jules
21-12-03, 02:46 PM
Jules, That'll be Martin Kelson's nova that's featured in the October Issue...

LOL
Whoops!!

Got my Martins confused!!
:oops:

Ian
21-12-03, 07:07 PM
jon walshs nova is still sat in BATs showroom where it hasnt moved for near on 2 years except for being mot'd this year as he asked dave to get it motd in time for billing then never collected it.

havent seen karls car in tvx yet but im sure it looks great as usual

Jules
22-12-03, 09:35 PM
Cheers for the info Ian - Any chance that you could get some digi pics of it (Jon Walshs Nove) next time you're up at BAT please? (I hear you're there from time to time!!)
:lol:

elsey197
23-12-03, 03:36 PM
total vaux went on sale early as i got it in smiths today.
Karl your car looks amazing mate, think it is my favorite nova at the minute, well done :D

Ste_Nova
23-12-03, 03:59 PM
jon walshs nova is still sat in BATs showroom where it hasnt moved for near on 2 years except for being mot'd this year as he asked dave to get it motd in time for billing then never collected it.

lol mot.... so he's got his wiper linkage back then :lol:

RJM25R
23-12-03, 04:49 PM
Pictures in TV don't do kaerls car any justice! If you think it looks good in the mag, you should see it in the metal!

Ian
23-12-03, 05:27 PM
i'll get some next time im there, nothings been done to it so dunno why you want pics lol.

yes he has ste ;)

Riggy
23-12-03, 05:50 PM
i agree that car looks amazing in total vaux , its so clean for an 87 sr
would love to see that in the flesh

congratulations karl :D :D :D :D :D

elsey197
23-12-03, 05:53 PM
It looked lovely at billing this year

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pelsey197/karl.JPG

karl Rowntree
23-12-03, 07:16 PM
Elsey, not sure of your real name mate but thanks mate glad you like it. Have to say yours is one of my favorites aswell, nice and simple and love the colour of your wheels. Thinking of maybe doing my wheels a different colour over the winter.

Like the picture aswell mate, didnt get any of it at billing so thanks for putting that up.

While im here i'd like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me with the car especially andy b and kerrie, the features more for you guys than it is for me :wink:

Allways said, to me the car isnt that important, its the people ive met over the years ive had it that count more. Sounds cheesy i know but its the truth.

Karl.

elsey197
23-12-03, 07:23 PM
Elsey, not sure of your real name mate but thanks mate glad you like it.

Paul

I have a couple from billing of your car if you want me to email them to you pm me your email address

glad you like my car to, maybe one day it will look some where as good as yours

karl Rowntree
23-12-03, 07:48 PM
Paul, my email address is rowntreekarl@hotmail.com, cheers for that mate.

Looks like your is allready there mate. Look forward to seeing it next summer as i didnt get chance to have a look round it this year.

Jules
23-12-03, 10:47 PM
i'll get some next time im there, nothings been done to it so dunno why you want pics lol.

yes he has ste ;)

Cos I've always liked the car and I've no recent(ish) pics of it!! Nor do I have any recent pics of yours Ian....
:roll:

Spankee1
23-12-03, 11:18 PM
well done carl very nice feature car looks the nuts....................i have sooooooooooooooo much to do on the champion to get it to a decent state keep up the good work look forward catching up at some shows next year.......bling bling........................................... :D

karl Rowntree
24-12-03, 10:55 AM
Hi spankee, what brings you to novaload mate. Thanks for the words, i look forward to seeing how busy you have been on the astra. See you at the total vaux show and shine :wink:

Have you put the cage in the champion mate?

Jules
24-12-03, 03:31 PM
Just got TV and seen Karls Nova - Sweeet as!!!

I saw it a a few shows this summer and it really does look better in the metal than the magazine if that's possible.

Spankee1
24-12-03, 04:18 PM
LOL still have a soft touch for novas....nice to see my old nova on the TV calender...lol............as for astra fitted LET all is well fired it up yesterday .. ...cage is fitted ............... :D .. loads of buffing to do :lol:

karl Rowntree
24-12-03, 04:57 PM
Glad to hear you are up and running again so soon. The engine was ok then?

Im sure it will be as clean as your last, if not better! good luck polishing then mate.

Spankee1
24-12-03, 05:33 PM
Yup engine is ok ...but not happy with under bonnet paint she is booked in for blow over paint end of feb........ i fitted engine so soon as i wanted peace of mind with engine as its was buging me :D :D

Ric 16v
24-12-03, 06:47 PM
I'v just got the new total vauxhall and that nova is fooking smart seen it at pv2003 show and it's deffinatley 1 of the best nova's I'v seen (top job)

Ian
24-12-03, 08:39 PM
Cos I've always liked the car and I've no recent(ish) pics of it!! Nor do I have any recent pics of yours Ian....
:roll:

i'll grab some next time im there with a camera, he may be open next monday, wont be too good though as the way its parked in showroom.

correct, you do have no recent pics of mine :P

dave.gsi
24-12-03, 08:40 PM
is it alsmost finished???

Ian
24-12-03, 09:22 PM
no lol

inside prepped ready for paint, outside needs some stuff done.

olly55
24-12-03, 10:57 PM
FCUK ME iv see nthat car on the net n that nva knew it was ne1s on here!

karl m8 u have my all tyme FAVE mint lookin nova!

fukkin fantasic m8 i really wanan vuilda minter myself but ig otta go mad with myne now and do minter lataer lol

peester
24-12-03, 11:01 PM
yeah congrats karl; made the 2004 calender too! the bonnet skin revolution is now here. karls' kicking it off. coming soon to youre local halfords store, lol.

karl Rowntree
27-12-03, 06:50 PM
Halfords!!! It took 50 hours to get that bonnet done!

Will be keeping it for another year then think i will do something different again :wink:

Adam Moran
27-12-03, 07:47 PM
Karl's is the car that inspired me to "tune" my Nova. Words do NOT do it justice, and the owner is just as sound :wink:

Well done mate!

Ad

Jim
27-12-03, 11:42 PM
I've not seen the feature yet, but no doubt Karls car will and does look amazing. I've seen this car many times in the flesh and it is outsanding. Well done Karl.

Jim

dave.gsi
28-12-03, 07:40 PM
bought the mag yesterday. thats the cleanest nova i think ive ever seen.

i want it lol :lol: