PDA

View Full Version : Which Alarm?

Mel
17-12-03, 10:09 PM
I know this has been asked plenty of times..but i cant find the past posts :oops:

Which alarm do you use/have used?

I am looking at buying one, and am not sure which... I want one that would be very adequate for future mods of my nova, but also one thats affordable...i was thinkin of:

Clifford Concept 500/600
Toad Ai606

:?
Are they any good? or would there be any others that you recommend?

dan_mk1
17-12-03, 11:20 PM
TOAD :D

Phil GTE
18-12-03, 12:04 AM
i have a clifford 600, its never let me down. clifford is a quality product, anything from the 300 up is enough.

clifford have some bad press dur to flase alarms etc, but usually imo, this is due to shoddy fitting. make sure it is installed by pro's.

Jules
18-12-03, 06:53 AM
I've got the Toad and never had any problems with it.

2litreturbo
18-12-03, 09:03 AM
I have three novas and each one has an Ai606

You can expand them so much you will never fill it's capacity. My recommendation is to get a glass break sensor with it. I wires in parralell with the ultra sonics and can detect the sound of metal on glass.

My mate also has ai606 on his focus. They are by far the easiest to upgrade and expand. Best value for money.

If anyone wants to fit it themselves, i can supply the toad genuine wiring diagram

Dicko
18-12-03, 10:49 AM
iv got the Ai606, had no problems :)

Breeny
18-12-03, 11:34 AM
Had a Clifford on the blue nova. It was usually ok but would play up occasionaly.

I have the Toad AI606 on the turbo from Dennis at the car alarm warehouse (If you want his number PM me) Have never had any troubles with it at all. Sound chap aswell, he fixed a few little niggly problems for me at the same time as installing the alarm for no extra charge (and he installed it on a Sunday!)

pickle
18-12-03, 03:44 PM
sounds like toad have it in the bag, i have a cobra alarm. cat 1 and imob. only cost ?300 inc fitting and it took 4 hours to fit! it looks good took n v.loud.

Philsutton
18-12-03, 04:22 PM
sounds like toad have it in the bag, i have a cobra alarm. cat 1 and imob. only cost ?300 inc fitting and it took 4 hours to fit! it looks good took n v.loud.

i got one of these too. It doesnt matter how good the alarm is or how many parts you disconnect/remove from the engine to prevent it from being started, if they want your car bad enough they'll take it.

Mel
18-12-03, 07:55 PM
ok, thanks for the help :D