PDA

View Full Version : volt meter ???

nova m@rk
17-12-03, 12:02 AM
b4 i bought my car a mate had one of those press buton change colour
volt meters like from pvd told me i can ave it 4 a fiva so with out thinkin
brought it only to realise SRs ave already got one so i came up with this mad idea
is there away to wire the meter between the sub and the amp so when the bass comes in the needle flicks up and down wiv the bass line ?
askin this cuz ive already fitted it filled that hole were the tape cartriges
used to be... cheers for ne help

peester
19-12-03, 01:57 PM
i think youde have to put it through, or sandwich it on the power cable. like with power caps. they take the voltage being sent down the power cable(s) boost them a bit and give a constant reading (not to the bass note i affraid) of voltage supply to the amp from battery or alternator. a bass-head/geek only thing really. a voltmeter i think not because doesn't have any sockets on it to take power cables.

2litreturbo
19-12-03, 04:18 PM
easy. connect the +ve to the +ve terminal on your amp and -ve to the -ve on your amp. Ideally, it wont move atall though because ideally you want a constant voltage. It will however dip slightly when the amp draws large currents. Not very impressive. Just get another couple of gauges and fit them in an a-pillar pod. Much more impressive

nova_rally
19-12-03, 05:22 PM
Easy - to get it to flick with the bass simply connect it across the Speaker you want to measure the voltage of. You'll want a Diode in series with it so that the needle doesn't try and go the wrong way round the meter!

Alan