PDA

View Full Version : Cheers Mr Blair

Anonymous
21-03-01, 08:51 AM
I had a nice surprise yesterday. I just received a ?55 car tax rebate, because my car has an engine smaller than 1200cc (my 1.2i=1195cc!!).
So, having a gay car does have its advantages after all! :D

Anonymous
21-03-01, 12:09 PM
bit of extra beer money there 4 ya m8ty

Anonymous
21-03-01, 03:30 PM
tax? do i need tax, whats that all about?

[naked_davo] Jessie Haters!

Anonymous
22-03-01, 03:13 AM
Actually, anyone with an engine less than 1549cc, will get a tax rebate, but there's a date from which it applies.

They brought in the new law that cars under 1200cc get cheaper tax, from November last year, but at the latest budget, it's been changed to up to 1549cc, and back-dated to November.

So basically, your current tax that you have paid in full for, will be refunded back to November.
Lets try and make it clearer........if you paid for your current 12 months tax last July (like I did), you will be reimbursed for the extra you have paid unnecessarily. For the section from July to November, you are charged the old price, worked on so much per week or day, however they are working it. Then, for the period from November (not sure exactly what date in November), until you tax runs out, you have paid too much, and will be refunded the amount that you have over-paid.

When you next get your letter through, to remind you that your tax is ready for renewal, you will receive a letter explaining it all, and instructions on what to do to re-clime.

See this link for details: http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/budget2001/hmtdetr.htm and look for the phrase:

"a freeze in all car, motorcycle and bus vehicle excise duty (VED) rates until Budget 2002"

Anonymous
22-03-01, 03:16 AM
I meant to say, look for the phrase:
"an extension of the small car threshold for VED"