PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge

Barn
15-12-03, 11:06 PM
hi guys/girls

my fuel gauge is nakerd it is constantly reading zero fuel! so i aint gotta clue how much petrol I've got, lol.

any ideas to what it could be? its only gone like this recently!

thanks

Dicko
15-12-03, 11:13 PM
either a wire/bad connection or the sender unit in the tank has packed in!!

Mark
15-12-03, 11:14 PM
Does it work at all, ie if you fill it right up?

If you have a mate with a nova, borrow his clocks and see if it still does it, then you will know if it the clocks or sender!

2litreturbo
16-12-03, 10:48 AM
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

In my old nova, when i went over a big bump, the wire used to come off the sender on the tank. You need to get under your car and on the bottom of the fuel tank, just above the centre of the rear axle, is the sender. It should have two wires attached. If it,s fallen off, put it back on. If it hasn't, take it off, clean the contacts and put it back on with some wd40 for good measure.

Then start trying the other more complicated solutions.

novax
16-12-03, 03:27 PM
Check the colour in the haynes manual but if you hold it down to ground once you've pulled it off the sender the guage will read "FULL" . If this works it's the sender, if not then try again at the clocks.

Barn
16-12-03, 07:16 PM
Does it work at all, ie if you fill it right up?
i dunno mate i can't tell when its full or not. i have no idea how much petrol I have I just top it up now and again! unless you mean until it pisses out over the floor? :?

thanks for the replies so far given me a few things to check when I get a chance!