PDA

View Full Version : Donnington ?25 track time this saturday night!!!!!!

karl Rowntree
15-12-03, 09:51 PM
Anyone on here intrested in going along to donnington on saturday for track time/ quarter mile/ show and shine etc?

Its organised by mid-night racers i think which is cruise site. Iwent to the last one and it was a good night with quite a few nice cars.

Its ?25 for an hour on the track and about the same for unlimited runs on the quarter mile.

I will be going along with some mate, and mark beeson will be taking his 20l turbo on. Which should be fun as when we both last went on the track there he got chucked off!

Might see if i can bring my mates (dave franzacs old astra turbo) as he is on holiday, will enter it in the show and shine if i do. If not i will be in my new car (hand permitting of course!)

By the way the track session is in the dark!!!

peester
16-12-03, 07:44 AM
i don't think anyones got a nova finished to be able to run it. all off the road 'ere.

essexrudeboy
16-12-03, 09:00 AM
i'm going up to this, shuld be a good night!
aint sure whether i'm gunna embarrase myself on the track or not yet!

NovaNeil
16-12-03, 12:05 PM
I'LL BE UP FOR IT KARL........As long as my new alloy arrives in time! :P

Philsutton
16-12-03, 01:41 PM
I live about a mile away from donnington race track so i'll be going. Hopefully i will be on the track even though i dont have decent tyres still.

Ste_Nova
16-12-03, 04:23 PM
here is the flyer for it... i'm running a convoy from Lymm services (m56/m6 crossover) leaving 3:30pm ish

http://www.btinternet.com/~ben.longhurst/images/xmas/xmas_flier.jpg

Breeny
16-12-03, 04:27 PM
The track will be closed as far as i know..

Its being resurfaced!

Philsutton
16-12-03, 04:37 PM
oh dear

karl Rowntree
16-12-03, 06:56 PM
Beastie has had a reply back from the organisers saying there is a good chance the track will be closed for safety reasons. Which to be fair is sensible due to the weather lately. Wouldnt fancy going on with aloud of brainless monkeys in the ice!

Quarter mile is still open though!

I will still be going as it was good night last time.

Niel give me a shout if you are going mate, you can borrow one of my wheels if you want mate as i will be going in the cav not the nova. The offers there if you want it?

NovaNeil
16-12-03, 08:00 PM
Cheers Karl. I've PM'd you about it.

Dicko
17-12-03, 10:51 AM
ice rink 1/4 mile runs :D

Nath
17-12-03, 04:37 PM
yep i will be going. there is the show on the night but there is also a show in the day at donnington. carnt wait should be a good day.

karl Rowntree
17-12-03, 06:17 PM
jbobo, Whats on in the day mate?

Would be good to make a full day of it.

Nath
17-12-03, 10:08 PM
aparently its a car show not completely certain though! i only know about it because a freind is taking me and he told me we was going to the show in the day then the race on the night.

karl Rowntree
17-12-03, 11:10 PM
Ok mate, will c u there then probably. Will be going with a few people off this site and off mig aswell.

I will be in either a blue cav gsi with 17 inch polaris alloys on or if not a burgundy mk1 astra turbo (if im lucky) :wink:

epo
18-12-03, 06:47 PM
i so wanted 2 go but cant get a baby sitter as r lass is on nights gutted

ne 1 wanna earn some money and look after 2 pain in the ass kids 4 me :lol:

NovaNeil
21-12-03, 10:39 AM
Cheers for letting me know about this Event Karl, I had a good time. It was a very good turnout I thought, especially later on... There was a lot of people and a good atmosphere.

Anyone that went, did you spy the Tigra with a 1.6 16v engine with the massive Turbo on it! :P Didn't get a chance to speak to the owner, but by looking at the size of the Turbo and the diameter of the Steel Boost hose work (nearly 100mm dia) it looked like it was packing some serious power!

karl Rowntree
21-12-03, 11:33 AM
Glad you enjoyed it mate, was good to have a chat aswell.

That was me in the blue cav gsi flashing you outside mate. Your car sounded mint as you span it up!

Wasnt as good as last time, think it was a bit too cold! Plus it was a shame there was no track action to watch. Still, was better than sitting at home all night. The sexy santa competition was worth seeing! Think you missed that one mate!

Was a bad crash on the way out with 3 cars. So think the chances of donnington holding it again are slim :x

Think phil sutton's 5 door was on the strip? How did you get on mate? looked like there was some fast cars on there, too damn cold to watch though!

Philsutton
21-12-03, 01:13 PM
yeah i went the strip a few times. The grip on the track was terrible think i got it spinning up to 3rd on the first run. My best time was a 17.9 which isnt very good at all but considering it was raining it'll do.

Did anyone see the mini with a 1.8 v tech on throttles bodies. That thing took off on the line :o

karl Rowntree
21-12-03, 01:46 PM
So thats what was in the mini! That thing was mental, sounded amazing and gripped like an evo.

The conditions were never going to be any good for times but as long as you had a laugh on there thats the main thing.

Philsutton
21-12-03, 01:52 PM
Had a good time. The end of 1/4 mile was rather dangerous there was no lighting an then these cones appeared in front of you, im sure a few cars hit them :lol:

karl Rowntree
21-12-03, 02:39 PM
I know what you mean phil, remember going down in beasties car last time, had to have the lights on full beam just to see where we were going!

Try slowing down from 120 mph to get round the right hander at the bottom of that straight in the dark! Now that was scarry :o

Gazza14SR
22-12-03, 06:53 PM
Was the mini brown by anychance? if so ive seen it around notts afew times, sounds like a plane!

karl Rowntree
22-12-03, 09:57 PM
Not sure what colour it was mate as it was too dark on the track.

Ste_Nova
23-12-03, 03:57 PM
sod the cars :lol:

http://www.caercruisers.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5

Mark
23-12-03, 04:05 PM
:o Nearly 6meg for that Ste, surely you can do better....nice girl though!

Ste_Nova
23-12-03, 04:23 PM
:o Nearly 6meg for that Ste, surely you can do better....nice girl though!

err it took 10 seconds on my link 8)

Mark
23-12-03, 04:28 PM
Not saying it took long, just a lot of file for not a lot of show...lol 8)

Dpnova
23-12-03, 04:31 PM
sod the cars :lol:

http://www.caercruisers.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5

Very nice 8)

Ste_Nova
23-12-03, 04:38 PM
Not saying it took long, just a lot of file for not a lot of show...lol 8)

not my file :lol:

Mark
23-12-03, 04:39 PM
Ah :wink: