PDA

View Full Version : Cold air?

Mr Big
15-12-03, 04:46 PM
Have a G Plate old face syle Nova 1.2 Merit and have a question -

The centre air vents below the radio will only put out cold air whether Its select as hot or cold on the slider..... whereas the vents for the front window will do put out hot air or cold as determined by the slider

Is it supposed to be like this or is there flap or something that is stuck which is stopping hot air coming to the front 2 vents?.

Also it onlyhas 2 air vents in the front, it dosent have the seperate one on passenger or driver side if this makes a difference

Mark
15-12-03, 04:53 PM
I am afraid that the is correct, the two front vents only supply cold air.

Mr Big
15-12-03, 05:00 PM
What the fu*k for ---- How pointless!

Is there any way of modding it to take hot air as well? It gettin a bit frosty and me hands are gettin stuck to the wheel :evil:

Mark
15-12-03, 05:03 PM
No, I am afraid not, you just have to leave them shut, or if they don't fully close, block them off for the winter.

Philsutton
15-12-03, 05:31 PM
yeah corsanova is right all novas come like that, might have something to doo with them being made in spain. :?

nova dosed
15-12-03, 05:55 PM
u must be new 2 novas then lol ive been aske dthat question so many times. I find it usefull in winter when its cold and u got heaters on desert mode if u open the center vents it lets sum fresh air in not enuf to make u cold but enuf to breathe and not get tired eyes. Good for on motorway to for when ur beltin down and if u open window u wud get sucked out. And in summer u can open them and get cold air no matter what setting ur on i quite like the idea was well dissapointee when me g/f corsa didnt do it

Mr Big
16-12-03, 09:05 AM
Cheers for that - one more Q,

presumably some Novas have 4 vents up front ie 1 driver 1 passenger and the 2 central one.

Does cold air come out the side ones as well then or can they get hot air. Just thinking I could go to the scrappy and get bits to put side vents in and the pipes behind

Will F
16-12-03, 09:48 AM
The vents on the driver and passenger side both put out warm air, which is useful when the front windows have fogged up!
:D

2litreturbo
16-12-03, 11:00 AM
the side vents didn't come on the mk1 base model nova. I think it came on all the others but not sure.

nova dosed
16-12-03, 08:54 PM
depends if the holes are there on heater box for them i wud think they are so just get 2 pipes and 2 vents there u go oh the passenger 1 is a diff shape than drivers