PDA

View Full Version : Old Peoples Driving !!!!!!

GTE Girl
15-12-03, 04:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how some old people are still aloud to drive on the road. I have had a total gut full of it today so i though i would have a moan and see what everyone elses opinion is on it. They drive along at 20 miles and hour brake every time a car goes by the other way break ten miles b4 the junction. God i could go on surely there must be a way to get them off the road they are dangerous. The police moan about young peoples driving and people driving fast but i think that the old people are the most dangerous they are 2 cautious. They take about 10 mins to pull away from a junction or a roundabout.
Well sorry but i needed to get that off my chest every person i have been stuck behind today is an old person and they are dangerous any ideas as how to get rid of them :2gunfire:

Dpnova
15-12-03, 04:08 PM
Fit bull bars and run them off the road :twisted:

GTE Girl
15-12-03, 04:09 PM
just might work lol

dangermousegsi
15-12-03, 05:00 PM
They should make it compulsory that when they claim their free bus pass they have to surrender their driving licence, if they can afford to run a car then they can afford to get the bus :evil:

Philsutton
15-12-03, 05:51 PM
They are the most dangerous on the road, i mean 20mph in a 70 zone is lethal but the police seem more interested if your doing 10 mph over limit.
If it was up to me i'd buy a big truck an go force as many of them off the road as possible, might make the roads safer that way :D

epo
15-12-03, 10:55 PM
when there sat at a junction 4 10 mins run out ur car and wheel clamp em they aint goin no where then :twisted:

then just drive around em flipin them off :lol:

Stanton
15-12-03, 11:13 PM
not all old peeps r like that lol. my grandma has a 1200 nova with a full sr bodykit and a 60mm drop! :lol:

Neil.
16-12-03, 12:37 AM
and another thing that amazes me is that they cant turn their heads more then 5 degrees in either direction, it takes them 5 mins to look left and another 5 mins to look other way! they are so dangorus!
Get em off the road i say!

Philsutton
16-12-03, 02:01 PM
and another thing that amazes me is that they cant turn their heads more then 5 degrees in either direction, it takes them 5 mins to look left and another 5 mins to look other way! they are so dangorus!
Get em off the road i say!

If they move any faster their heads would snap an fall off, now we dont want that do we :lol:

Will
16-12-03, 02:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so says mr double write off :P

hehe

rs how olds your grandma, 60mm lowering must give her heart/back problems? lmfao

Gazza14SR
16-12-03, 03:03 PM
Quite funny this topic should come up.

Lastnight in my home village there was a bad accident, the village was closed and diversions set up.

It was in the local paper today.

Apparently a pensioner pulled into the village hall street (the pensioner didnt have right of way) while someone else was also pulling into the street and had a head-on collision. The paper states the pensioner had a 'condition' of some sort and should not of been driving.

The pensioner had a heart attack and died.

Sad really, but surely there should be some sort of age when you get old and require tests to see if you are a capable driver. It could of saved this chaps life and saved the heartache for his family at this time of year.

Regards
Gaz

Beano
16-12-03, 03:07 PM
:lol: :lol: LMFAO @ this whole topic!

Gotta agree though, old people are bloody crap drivers. They should introduce an OAP Driving test for all vehicles.

You need to get a health test every year after your 50th b'day for a HGV license, shouldn't the same apply to all old people behind the wheel of any vehicle :?:

And another thing, doesn't it REALLY piss you off when these totally pathetic old drivers are driving brand new Golf VR6s and BMWs and things...it shouldn't be allowed! :evil:

Gazza14SR
16-12-03, 03:09 PM
lol the pensioner was driving a new citreon c3

Stanton
16-12-03, 03:56 PM
60mm lowering must give her heart/back problems? lmfao

pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

GTE Girl
16-12-03, 03:58 PM
Totally agree with all your ideas. It is sad that that pensioner died, but like everyone is saying there should be some sort of age when you have to start re-doing your test to see if you are still safe to drive. And about they are more worried about us doing 10mph over than them doing 20 in a 70 is so true. God it does really wind me up talking about it. And about them having really nice cars to true got lovely powerful cars and they don't even no how to use them. How annoying is that

Philsutton
16-12-03, 04:41 PM
why should old people have powerful cars that they are only going to drive at 20mph with the odd curb mounting, these cars arent getting the abuse they so sorely need :lol:

GTE Girl
16-12-03, 05:05 PM
that is to true 8)

Dpnova
16-12-03, 05:07 PM
One day were all be old and still want to drive around and people are going to do nothing but moan at us. :cry:

Philsutton
16-12-03, 05:11 PM
yeah but by that time i will have gone mad and will waffle on about irrelevent things so therefore i wont really care what people think.

GTE Girl
16-12-03, 05:12 PM
One day were all be old and still want to drive around and people are going to do nothing but moan at us. :cry:

Yeah but at least we will be safe if they stop us from driving if we r unsafe. Not all old poeple r bad just 99.9% of them i would rather have my licence taken away from me when i am old rather than annoying people and putting mine and other peoples lifes at risk. Which is what they are doing now

epo
16-12-03, 07:02 PM
i find it quite funny watchin them set of
put it in 1st take the revs up 2 7000 pull the clutch out as fast as possible then wheel spin\kangeroo down the road

Beano
16-12-03, 07:04 PM
Philsutton said:

yeah but by that time i will have gone mad and will waffle on about irrelevent things so therefore i wont really care what people think.

:lol: LMFAO, thats so true as well!

What I want to know is whether these old people were ALWAYS totally shite drivers, or is it just something you learn when you get old?

I surpose it doesn't matter, the result is the same...they are a menace, and they need to be stopped! :!:

Now, where did I put my stash of wheel clamps? :twisted:

epo
16-12-03, 07:23 PM
britans worst driver was a classic example he was an ex police chopper pilot and his drivin was well sh*te

?Marty?
16-12-03, 07:27 PM
I can't stand old people on the road either. IN FACT, i can't stand old people FULL STOP.

Since we're giving examples:

i was behind some old woman that drove up to a cross-roads (slowing down 10 minutes before she got to it), indicated right, and by the time she got there the light started changing, but she carried on at 2mph driving through the red light, swung right, then all of a sudden turned left in the middle of the junction and drove through at 2 mph with the 'right' indicator still blinking. Stupid bint.

dangermousegsi
17-12-03, 01:21 PM
its quite scary when ur goin into a multi storey car park followin the directions when you come face to face with not one but 2 oaps goin the wrong way :o

didn't laught much when they realised what they'd done and the one infront reversed into the one behind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dpnova
17-12-03, 01:22 PM
I watched an old man take a wrong turn and drive over the pavment to get into a car park

?Marty?
17-12-03, 05:52 PM
or you have to park at least a full cat lenght behind one at a junction (double if it's an uphil one), cos they take the handbrake off (if they actually put it on in the first place, as if they do, more than likely they set off with it still on) they roll back loads before setting off. Bumped my car once and i was quite far behind, and they didnt even turn round or notice! :evil: