PDA

View Full Version : all in a days work

so1o
13-12-03, 06:52 PM
Sort of got the digital dash in my car, well the wirings all done, everything works apart from fuel gauge :( . I have about 200 cuts on my hands, burnt my arm, and my cars a mess from inside, tools everywhere. Cant begin to tell you how much it hurt washing my hands, arghhhh.

Anyone got any links on how to get the damn thing into a mk1 dash, please dont mention the mk2 dash conversion as i cant be arsed, plus havent got a gsi yet.

Solo

epo
13-12-03, 07:18 PM
u tried novaland or topbuzz mate

Phil GTE
13-12-03, 08:36 PM
you need to vut out the surround from a mk 2 cav (similar shaped dash).

then cut out the mk 1 surround and fit the cav item, it is quite hard there was a guide but i think its gone

Stuart
13-12-03, 08:38 PM
yeah you called cp quite a bit, and he was supposed to be helping me fix his gearbox lol

Dan
13-12-03, 08:56 PM
as said cut the surround out on mk1 dash until you can squeeze digi down in, for a quick fix you can modify the original astra surround to sit inside and hold this in place with 2 black screws, thats what i did as was easier

so1o
13-12-03, 09:15 PM
good good, few ideas here.......i will see how lazy i feel tommorow, today i was knackered. Doesnt help not sleeping after doing a night shift. Yup tried topbuzz etc etc but most sites now have no pictures, non working links etc.

Cambridge, lmao yeah only part i got confused about, transducer :P
BTW how did you lot get on?

Stuart
13-12-03, 09:19 PM
we got as far as rebuilding the cluster onto a "new" shaft, just got to wait for charles to get a pair of bearings for the end of the gear cassette.

will go back next week to finish the job.