PDA

View Full Version : should we do anything????

srs1
12-12-03, 12:27 AM
recently i have noticed a certain amount of messages from people complaining about being ripped off( not haveing the deal they paid for).

what can we do?????

i know this may sound daft, but there are a lot of good people on here that are genuine, and try to help others. then there are the people that take us for a ride and rip them off. what can be done.

do we abuse them?????
see if we can run a poll on the person selling stuff, and get admin to barr them
or do we send the gipsy loads of pm's to go forth and multiply?

i'd like to know what people think, as i wouldn't want people branding us with the same stick.

Neil.
12-12-03, 12:42 AM
can i abuse you, ive got a whip :twisted:

Gazza14SR
12-12-03, 12:44 AM
Ive been in the situation where ive snet a cheque, its been cahsed, but no goods sent.

Then the cheek of it the same guy puts a forsale ad up again, for the same item and does the same again to another chap.

Weeks later he tried another forsale add so i put a warning msg up, and yeh ok i said afew things that i shouldnt of and the post ended up being deleted.

I was told by 2 admins that they were gonna try and put a name/shame sticky in the forsale forums but nothing has come of it due to their workload.

Gazza

srs1
12-12-03, 12:50 AM
it's not happened to me gazza, but i wouldn't like it if it did at the same time.

other then neil who wants to abuse anything (getting worried as he's got a girl friend) we should do something.

Neil.
12-12-03, 01:32 AM
u love it really sean!

Mark
12-12-03, 06:54 AM
u love it really sean!

Stop it and be serious NOva :!: :lol:

This is a serious issue as there are a few of us on here that sell things and these BANDITS are putting people off.

dan_mk1
12-12-03, 08:50 AM
u love it really sean!

Stop it and be serious NOva :!: :lol:

This is a serious issue as there are a few of us on here that sell things and these BANDITS are putting people off.

yes neil! your putting people off! you BUM BANDIT!

:lol:

Dpnova
12-12-03, 09:35 AM
I agree there are alot of people being ripped off latly but there not alot that can be done unless the buyer asks what the sellers like

ie

Whats Blabla like

Dont deal with him im still waiting for goods,

But this still isnt a sure fire way as it might be the sellers first time, the only thing to do is to collect in person really.

GTE Girl
12-12-03, 01:59 PM
Can't admin do the same as like ebay. Maybe register seperate for the forsale forum and then everytime you sell something you are given a rating. Then if you get a bad rating no one is gonna buy off them or admin can have them struck off when they get to many negative feed back comments well if you have used ebay you will no what i am saying. Then again i don't no wether it is to much of a job to do i am no good at computer stuff but just a idea i tought i would put forward. :lol:

Dpnova
12-12-03, 02:01 PM
^^^^ Good idea

wisewood
12-12-03, 02:27 PM
The bottom line of it is this, trading via novaload is at your own risk, there are suitable notices in the for sale and wanted sections and if you make sure that you get full details of what you are getting for your money, keep a record of their address and phone number etc then at least you have more chance of not being ripped off, but there will always be people who rip you off, nothing we can do about it.

All the good ideas in the world wont stop that, i agree that some of the ideas have been very good that have been suggested in the past but the bottom line of it is that this site is not about selling stuff like ebay etc, its just a forum service and we happen to allow members to trade within a specified section of the site.

Setting up novaload as a nova related Ebay would be a lot of hard work, and something that would result in very little change. If someone is selling something and is a well established member of the site you can be more confident when buying from them, however if they are only a guest, or have very few posts within the site they may not think twice about ripping you off.

If you have doubts, dont do it. Collect in person instead. If you see something advertised in the paper you dont ask for it to be posted once your cheque has cleared do you, you go and fetch it in person.

The risk is known to everyone, the inability to do much about it besides go and get your money back in person is known by everyone so i really dont understand why this keeps coming up over and over again. THe trade section of the site is as popular as ever, so where all this "being tarred with the same brush" stuff comes from is beyond me.

Rant over. I have work to do.

Dpnova
12-12-03, 02:34 PM
I agree there are lots of people still selling stuff and its a godsend, but there is also alot more of

I sent him a cheque and it cleared 3 weeks ago and i still havent recieved my goods

Are there no genuine people out there anymore :!: :lol:

Off of a forum it will always be at ur own risk so you cant really do much about it, nl is a nova website if it were to be like ebay then it could charge a percentage off of the price and then people would just go and use other forum websites to sell there stuff.

dan_mk1
12-12-03, 02:37 PM
If someone is selling something and is a well established member of the site you can be more confident when buying from them, however if they are only a guest, or have very few posts within the site they may not think twice about ripping you off.

imo that bits quite important, i dont even bother looking at 'guest' posts in the for sale forum

GTE Girl
12-12-03, 02:46 PM
Off of a forum it will always be at ur own risk so you cant really do much about it, nl is a nova website if it were to be like ebay then it could charge a percentage off of the price and then people would just go and use other forum websites to sell there stuff.

I did not mean to go as far as ebay as in charging just give the new people an idea of what peoples rcomendation for selling is like do they have a good rating of selling or a poor rating thats all. Just using there points idea of how well people are to trade with.

Dpnova
12-12-03, 02:54 PM
You could always post and ask :lol:

wisewood
12-12-03, 03:13 PM
agreed, best idea is if you are not sure, ask on the forums.

Dave
12-12-03, 04:52 PM
WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF SELLING THINGS CAN we do anything about people putting a link to ebay or other auction sites?
makes people who want things badly/quickly run the risk of losing out if someone won't remove the item or wants to see if they can get a higher price on the auction site. :evil:

(sorry about the caps at the start)

wisewood
12-12-03, 05:06 PM
linking to ebay doesnt really do any harm, someone is selling their stuff and is simply letting everyone know about it.

if i wanted to auction off some of my nova stuff i would advertise the auction on here, gets it more attention. it winds me up when people post about stuff thats not even theirs though.

dave.gsi
12-12-03, 11:38 PM
i wouldnt buy anything from a guest poster and am very sceptical about buying from new members. however, if its say under ?30 i'm not really that bothered cos its not very much cash.

if it was something expensive like bumpers or wheels etc id go and pic them up