PDA

View Full Version : FAO any1 who knows the citroen BX..

Neil.
11-12-03, 10:33 PM
How does the dash tell me about water temp and stuff, all it has is a green and red dot either side of the icons, and how does the suspesion work and wat should i have it set at? Been sat in it going up, and down, and up, and down, lol.

finlay
12-12-03, 12:02 AM
You should have it set at the middle position don?t no about the dash ill ask at work tow mora.

Elliot.

Neil.
12-12-03, 12:15 AM
thanks elliot, ur a star.

Mel
14-12-03, 07:54 PM
Dont know if you found out how to check..but i'll say anyway..

The suspension should always be in middle, like Elliot says..in this position, the car will automatically come up when you start the car (does take a little while to warm up) to the desired height..and when you stop the car, will go down to the floor..although its fun to keep going up and down on the car, i woulnt, cause if a suspension ball breaks, thats you f***ed and 30 or so quid a ball (theres 4) lighter..oh and the fact that you cant get the car up if it does fail LOL..

the different sections are for diff road surfaces, and styles..the top setting (closest to the roof) will be for 4x4 style lol..you can literally go up a very high curb at this setting..to be honest, its not ideal to have it on the lowest setting cause the car will scrape everywhere you go..

Dad says..when you turn the ignition on..but NOT starting the engine itself, all the lights ect will come on..well..the oil gauge will move to tell you how much oil you got in there...the water..he says he doesnt think it tells you the level of water on it, but it does give a light (not sure what light ect) that tells you that you've run outta water/just on the end of losing all the water..as far as he knows, on the bx's that hes seen (bear in mind this is like 10 or so LOL) that he hasnt seen the water gauge come on..

sorry for the long post lol, but if theres anything else you wanna know, lemme know and i will ask him. :D

Mel

Mark
14-12-03, 08:32 PM
:o Well done Mel, very comprehensive!

Mel
14-12-03, 08:39 PM
:o Well done Mel, very comprehensive!

haha, thanks :wink: :P i did say i was in a family of Bx's in a diff post..thas why i know so much lol

oh, another thing i forgot to say..if theres a towbar or anything like that on the back, DO NOT park close to the curb at the back, cause when it does go down, it will sit on the curb and damage it..trust me, we done that before :lol:

Mark
14-12-03, 08:43 PM
Good advice Mel!

BTW, did you ever develop that pic from the end of the MK meet?