PDA

View Full Version : L and m reg Nova's.

masterclarkson
10-12-03, 08:56 PM
I heard there were some L reg nova's in spain in a lockup. Is this a rumour or is it really true. sounds like a myth to me. Does anyone know where in spain they're supposed to be.

:| [/b]

epo
10-12-03, 09:01 PM
theres deffo l reg nova gsi's its bin mentioned on here before not sure if ne 1 on here owns 1 tho

peester
10-12-03, 09:18 PM
yeah there shud be around 12-16 registered l-reg gsi's in uk. plus hundreds (thousands) of L-reg merits, luxes etc. no m-reg's though.

epo
10-12-03, 09:29 PM
no m-reg's though.

didnt think so never heard or an m reg nova

olly55
10-12-03, 09:34 PM
there are 6 registerd l reg gsis in the uk left, according to a lad on rb whos well up on gsi's lol concourse car and all dat,

iv only ever seen l reg vans ,didnt think there were ANY l reg merits n that about there 3 l reg white vans nr me that it

Ben
10-12-03, 09:45 PM
There are people on here with L reg Merits etc and a couple of members with L reg GSi's.

Jules
10-12-03, 09:47 PM
There's a 225BHP L reg GSi currently for sale on Migweb.

olly55
10-12-03, 09:49 PM
never knew aboutthe l reg merits ben, always onyl read about there being 5/6 l reg gsis in the uk, that and shit laods of l reg vans

Ben
10-12-03, 09:53 PM
Is a member on here called SRi16v

His car isnt an SR nor 16v but is an L reg base model. Wasd for sale in the section a couple of months back.

olly55
10-12-03, 09:55 PM
learn sumfing new every day

dave.gsi
10-12-03, 11:57 PM
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/973big7.jpg

that one is in the gsi features page.

there was also a red l reg for sale a while back

RJM25R
11-12-03, 08:40 AM
How could there be a bunch of L reg cars in spain? Did they come to uk, have them registered, and shipped back to spain?????????????????

There was a legend that there is a load of UNREGISTERED cars in spain (got this story off a german website) but they are LHD anyway. And nobody is sure if they really exist.

Perhaps we should organise a treasure hunt????

:D

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 09:23 AM
There was a legend that there is a load of UNREGISTERED cars in spain (got this story off a german website) but they are LHD anyway. And nobody is sure if they really exist.

these have been scrapped now... and the field is full of corsa b shells... i went looking for the novas back in 1997 and could find no sign of them then

Rick Draper
11-12-03, 10:28 AM
I am sure if someone offered Opel/Vauxhall ?????? for a new unregistered nova shell one cud be found. Rick

NOVASH
11-12-03, 10:58 AM
there is a lass from near me who has a mint lreg gsi fully resprayed and restored to new.... all gm parts
she comes on here now and then

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
11-12-03, 11:51 AM
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/429big3.jpg

This 1.2SXi is an L reg

take alook http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=429 i think its the one your talking about dave that was for sale.

dangermousegsi
11-12-03, 12:18 PM
i heard a rumuor that vauxhall made a limited run (6 i think) of metallic green 16v gsi's on an L plate of which 6 are left, ive seen one claiming to be one of these mythical nova's for sale a while back in total vauxhall the guy wanted eight grand for it

Jules
11-12-03, 12:26 PM
Afaik no green GSi's left the factory and no 16v Novas left the factory neither, so the chances of a standrad green 16v Nova being in existance is preety slim!! Let alone 6 of them!!

The closest you'll get to it is _Ben_'s but that started out life as a white GSi before being sprayed rio-verde green (A Vauxhall colour).

Sure the one in the back of TV was ?8k? Cos Gary Hopes old Nova (Now _Ben_s) was for sale in there but I don't think it was ?8k?
:roll:

dangermousegsi
11-12-03, 12:37 PM
im pretty sure it was for 8k but i may be wrong it was about 6-8 months ago if anyones got back issue's?

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 12:47 PM
micky saw vauxhall workers in luton hammering the chassie legs on new shells for 16v engines to go in

MattyWoo
11-12-03, 01:32 PM
According to vauxhall there were 6 Novas registered on an N plate, i enquired about it with them last year and they were good enough to call me and let me know. Also have it in an e-mail somewhere.

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 01:58 PM
one of the N reg ones was at pv 2003 and billing 2003

dangermousegsi
11-12-03, 02:19 PM
im well up for a nova treasure hunt :D

maybe organise a novaload on tour to find them :?:

NOVASH
11-12-03, 02:35 PM
I think some body should organise a novaload on tour not just to look for n regs.

andybishop
11-12-03, 03:38 PM
I enquired about shells with vauxhall heritage and got the following reply

"Hi Andy
Thank you for e-mail to Vauxhall Heritage,Sorry There are no Nova Shells
left in the world,Have searched myself all over,And as far as l know,No more
will be remade
Sorry for this news."

dangermousegsi
11-12-03, 05:09 PM
they say the holy grail does not exist but that doesn't stop people from looking

peester
11-12-03, 06:44 PM
im pretty sure it was for 8k but i may be wrong it was about 6-8 months ago if anyones got back issue's?

there was an l-reg in tv months ago for sale at ?8,000 but it was a lime green colour. had a 2.0 16v with softstars or speedlines. crap mate. the only other green colour-ed expensive nov i can remember in tv was a j or k reg 2.0 16v with quafe stuff on it and gold racelines or wotever they were called. that was around ?7,000 to buy.

masterclarkson
11-12-03, 06:48 PM
Did i heat that right! 6 N reg nova's made. Thats 1995/96! I'm not so sure about that. M reg would be the holy grail but N reg, well! Would love to see proof though. I think this is an important issue for the real Nova lovers of us and Novaload should get on the case to cleat this matter once and for all to see if it's really true.
:o

RJM25R
11-12-03, 11:38 PM
they are not cars manufactured in 95/96 (indeed if they do exist!) but merely 1992 cars registered later on. They started making the CORSA in the Zaragoza factory in 1992 so they must have ended the nova run BEFORE retooling for the new shells....

Shame really thoughth!!

Jules
13-12-03, 08:15 PM

there was an l-reg in tv months ago for sale at ?8,000 but it was a lime green colour. had a 2.0 16v with softstars or speedlines. crap mate. the only other green colour-ed expensive nov i can remember in tv was a j or k reg 2.0 16v with quafe stuff on it and gold racelines or wotever they were called. that was around ?7,000 to buy.

The last one now belongs to _Ben_

ydg27
14-12-03, 02:39 AM
there is an L - reg GSi roung the corner from me, in mint condition and a women owns it and never gives it stick, i have seen a red SXi for sale on novaload.net

never heard of anythink later than a 1994 tho

AnThoNYnOvA
14-12-03, 02:41 AM
take pics so we can see 8)

Kruger
14-12-03, 01:42 PM
I've seen an N reg tatty builders van, I posted this up a long long time ago on the nova_owners mailing list, (is that still going?)

Kev

(Jules will be searching through 5 years of nova_owner emails now, lol)

Jules
14-12-03, 08:14 PM
I've seen an N reg tatty builders van, I posted this up a long long time ago on the nova_owners mailing list, (is that still going?)

Kev

(Jules will be searching through 5 years of nova_owner emails now, lol)

I would but I can't be arsed as I've just got in from work, chances are I have it on one of my HDD's somewhere.

I assume the 'Kev' in question is Mr Bendle? If so how goes it bud?
Oh and Nova_Owners e-mailing list is still going.

RJM25R
15-12-03, 08:22 AM
Don't get Jules started stalking N-reg vans!

LregNovagsi
15-12-03, 11:28 AM
Thanks NOVASH for the kind comment of my car! Yes, i do own an L reg gsi, took me months and months of hounding the guy who owned it previously to sell it to me! My brother also owns an L reg gsi which he's putting up for sale in the near future.
There's a lad who sometimes comes on here who has told me that a couple of doors from his house is an Mreg silk Violet gsi, he bought it new from Vauxhall and its done only a few miles, and apparently has head light washers as standard and some other little touches.
Here is a picture of my nova, applogies if its on the large side.
Caroline.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQD!AlsUl7r9rcHP*t5jrqYJlpwIpMTjY7HWz40PLytKKZKUv q9R0rIbn75Ld3aByPWUPSyGovgiskK2voXhUyf8xROUiVfwTq6 wSqzg5jM/L26LUM.jpg?dc=4675450041065556957

Jules
17-12-03, 07:46 AM
Don't get Jules started stalking N-reg vans!

Might stalk them once I've finished with my current stalkee!!

So did you find your old shell in the end then Rick?
:lol:

ncole
17-12-03, 10:36 AM
I enquired about shells with vauxhall heritage and got the following reply

"Hi Andy
Thank you for e-mail to Vauxhall Heritage,Sorry There are no Nova Shells
left in the world,Have searched myself all over,And as far as l know,No more
will be remade
Sorry for this news."

i know where there is an unregistered shell

andybishop
17-12-03, 11:00 AM
ncole, i think he meant, available to purchase, through vaux or similar. I know you know where's there's one, there must be a few more knocking around in lockups and garage's somewhere.

Ben
17-12-03, 12:40 PM
one of the N reg ones was at pv 2003 and billing 2003

The N3 GUS 2.0l 16v Regal conversion (complete with chocolate block connectors) was on the regal stand at most shows this year but is only a J or K registered vehichle with show plates on. (i checked the tax disc :lol: )

Ste_Nova
17-12-03, 12:57 PM
and apparently has head light washers as standard

you can buy the kit to do this from vaux.... extra pump.. loom... sprayers and time delay relay

Ben
17-12-03, 01:06 PM
But would be crazy to do it, that is one of the worst places on a Nova for rot so why would anyone want to add extra water there :lol:

LregNovagsi
17-12-03, 01:10 PM
Yes, i have heard you can buy the headlamp washer kit from Vaux, i was thinking of putting them on my car as i've seen one with it and it looked great, but apparently the silk violet M reg came with it as standard.

moffat sri
20-12-03, 05:54 PM
The other day a mate commented about Standard GSI vans. He had been at a Vaux dealer gettin parts and the bloke had said to keep an eye out for them and actually showed him one in a brochuer(?)

I mentioned this to another mate and he agreed about there being so-many factory GSI vans. Reckons Vaux did about 50 of them.

Any ideas?

Ben
20-12-03, 06:43 PM
Sounds like crap to me, you are lucky to get anything nova related from vaux let alone them stil have a brochure for one!

3 out of the 5 main dealers round here dont know what nova's are.

Ric 16v
20-12-03, 09:17 PM
I see I'v been mentioned on here, I'v got a L reg nova as seen in the picture in this topic, heres the link for more pics: http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=429 I bought it for just over a ?1000 :o :o :o yeah just over a grand, it was nocked down for christmas, was about ?1599 originaly and I got it when I was just 16 and Ill have had it 2 years on boxing day, and before anybody sais I have not flogged the tits off it and nackerd it like some ppl do to them, (I havent had a single crash in it or any other car since I passed my test a year ago) and it's a 1.2 sx not an sxi and my name SRi 16v is because the car had an sr engine in at the time and I was getting a 1.4 16v corsa engine for it but it all went tits up at the time so I left my name how it is now, but the car had an sr engine in for a while but had to be taken out again due to mot reasons :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: it was for sale but the car I was going to buy the owner sold it on the day i looked at it so i couldnt sell the L reg, gonna be keeping the L reg and restoring it after winter (the doors are absolutley fu**ed on it and are nearly hanging off due to rot !!!!) To be honest I wouldnt want any other car a nova would do me fine any day, nice L reg silver GSi on thes topic by the way

Ben
21-12-03, 01:28 AM
You had a SR engine fitted then it failed the MOT so you refitted the 1.2 :?

LregNovagsi
23-12-03, 12:39 PM
nice L reg silver GSi on thes topic by the way

Thank you :)

Ste_Nova
23-12-03, 01:39 PM

he couldn't get it through the mot without a cat

krobinson
23-12-03, 07:10 PM
There's a lad who sometimes comes on here who has told me that a couple of doors from his house is an Mreg silk Violet gsi, he bought it new from Vauxhall and its done only a few miles, and apparently has head light washers as standard and some other little touches.

Is there any chance of getting some pic's of this M reg GSI?

Cheers

krobinson
23-12-03, 07:11 PM

he couldn't get it through the mot without a cat

I'm putting 1.3SR engine into my 1.2i. However i have S/S magnex system from an SRI, which has the cat replacement box. Will it still pass the MOT?

Aragorn
24-12-03, 12:57 AM
u could stick a nova sr lump into a corsa c and it would still pass the mot

it goes on whichever is older the lump or the car

its physically impossible to run carbed engine with cat (if u do you'll melt the cat in a few hours/days)

as long as the engine code was readable the car should have been allowed to pass the mot

steve-o
24-12-03, 11:19 AM
my mate used to have a mint L reg gsi, (L 81 TOY) on the plate, which he paid a fortune for, then he chopped all the arches of to fit 17's, i nearly cried!!

sold it on auto trader a few months ago, he wanted about ?3000 for it

Ric 16v
24-12-03, 07:07 PM
my car used to have the sr engine in it but the garage I took it too (my uncles, bastard) said it wouldnt pass the mot without the cat and that it goes by the year of the car not the engine, but after the engine was changed back and my car finally passed it's mot I found out that it goes by the year of the engine not the car and soon proved him wrong, he wasn't happy, the car went for it's mot in september and I'm still paying the garage bill off (?500+) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ben
24-12-03, 11:00 PM
LOL the garage i get my cars MOT'd at wouldnt pick up on anything like that....

Garage owner "heres your MOT certificate"

Me- "Thank you but how did it poass with that hole in the sill"

Garage owner "Ahh i saw it was weak there so didnt like to prod around"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LregNovagsi
29-12-03, 06:00 PM
No, sorry, don't think there would be any chance of me getting pics of the M reg gsi, i don't know the guy who owns it, but i would love to see it myself. I'm sure the guy who told me about it said he lets you look around it if you want!
As for the gsi with L TOY on the plate, i saw that in the trader, shame the arches had been hacked at :(