PDA

View Full Version : ?250-300

NOVASH
10-12-03, 03:23 PM
i have just sold some alloys for 200 quid amd have a bit saved up and dont know what to spend it on...
Any suggestions
i thought about lowering it 60 instead of 40 but im not shure

pickle
10-12-03, 03:28 PM
try get alittle bit more and get some adjustables. about ?350- ?400. abit much but ud be able to put it higher if 60 is too low

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
10-12-03, 03:38 PM
Or you could put it lower if 60 isnt low enough 8)

NOVASH
10-12-03, 03:50 PM
Ya but im sure 60 will be ok

?Marty?
10-12-03, 03:58 PM
leave suspension as it is. more than 40mm and handling wont be as good, plus it's not something that will be very noticeable, so it wont seem like you've got anything for your money.

do the other things you want instead, once you've done them, THEN lower it more if you still want to.

i.e. - add pioneer 6x9s to font in custon door builds
- do boot install and funky parcel shelf.
- get the vynil off the sides, and get the bumpers and wheels spayed in anthacite (met grey).

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
10-12-03, 04:00 PM
Have a look at my feature see if you think 60mm is low enough, i dont think the back is low enough the front is ok but im gunna drop it at least 80mm at the back.

NOVASH
10-12-03, 04:12 PM
No offence but it dont look any lower than mine is at the mo.
if i take the vynal off then i will uncover rust and stuff and cant afford a spay job yet

Ste_Nova
10-12-03, 04:17 PM
and cant afford a spay job yet

you never will be able to if you spend all you have

NOVASH
10-12-03, 04:19 PM
good point this is why i posted the topic.
Do ya think i should hide it in a bank and save 4 a respray?

dangermousegsi
10-12-03, 06:11 PM
that depends on if u want your car re-sprayed? goin by the pics in your feature your paint looks mint

if its a long term project then save for the spray job, if your going to sell the car in a year 18 months time then dont bother cause you wont get the money back

imo lower the car

NOVASH
11-12-03, 09:09 AM
sell the car? are you mad? :o :o
Its my baby and its currently on 65000 miles so i dont wann get rid.
And when there are too many miles i will get a new engine. lol

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 09:27 AM
And when there are too many miles i will get a new engine. lol

lol the shells allways die first

NOVASH
11-12-03, 09:32 AM
Ya dont need to tell me that.
the photos are after a weekenjd of hard polishing
There are nasty bits of rust starting to take over the car!!!!
I had a nice hole in my boot that i had to get welded up it was near the outfall for the sunroof. bits are starting on the rear arches + front and on the lower bit of the wings so a respray will need to happen as soon as i get a pay rise and save some cash.

?Marty?
11-12-03, 04:37 PM
lol you'll end up like me.

My car got vandalised loads of times (about 7), and needed completely re-doing. I couldn't decide whether to get it al sorted, re-sprayed and etc or to get another car. I'd had spent around ?5k in it by then, but in the condition it was in, i would probably have struggled to get over ?1k selling it.

I couldn't decide whether to fix it, and lose more money, but have a 'decent' nova (before my sainsburys kit came into play lol) or to lose money there and then (though maybe strip it for parts) and get something new and start from scratch. Then lose money on that..... etc etc.

In the end, i spent ?3k on having the bodywork sorted, re-sprayed and kitted up.

Now i cant be bothered with the car again, but if i sell it i'll get ?3k max, though personally wouldn't pay more than ?3k for ANY nova, so dont know why anyone would pay that much for mine (have had offers around that though).
Still, it's stupid as i'd get ?3k (if i sold it for that), where as i already HAD ?3k in cash and whatever else i could have got for the car in the state it was in (all was perfect working order, just bodywork was covered in dents, scratches and spraypaint. And two rusty wings - now replaced) not that long ago.

NOVASH
11-12-03, 04:47 PM
ya but people are not interested in novas for money.... we all know that money is lost. its like a bug that you get and cant control.

pickle
11-12-03, 04:48 PM
marty why the fuck do u keep sorting ur nova out if u hate them?
u sound like a rich toff, i wish i could afford 3k whenever my car needs sorting out, go buy a ferarri or a fucking saxo if u hate novas and chill out abit.

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 04:49 PM
i wish i could afford 3k whenever my car needs sorting out, go buy a ferarri or a fcuking saxo if u hate novas and chill out abit.

i'm blowing ?10k on my nova soon and i'm doing loads of work myself

NOVASH
11-12-03, 05:12 PM
Dont get me wrong i love novas but i would not spend 10K on 1
:o