PDA

View Full Version : What suspension kit to go for???

craig-gsi
10-12-03, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone!

I need peoples opinions on what suspension kit to go for. Either the AVO coilover kit or the FK highsport coilover kit.
Both kits are around the same price.

Thanks for any help.

NovaNeil
10-12-03, 12:25 PM
I have the AVO kit and have had no problems with it. Although my mate has just brought the budget FK coilover kit (no dampening adjustment) and it does look the part! Haven't been out in the car with it on yet, but the build quality is really good.

The main difference between the 2 kits is the FK uses rear springs and dampeners in the same place as standard. And the AVO's have actual coilovers at the back, which means you can go lower. :D

craig-gsi
10-12-03, 12:29 PM
Cheers for the advice Neil.

Breeny
10-12-03, 01:06 PM
Ive found the Avos a bit poo...

Apparently the adjustment bits break all to easily, but havn't had that problem on mine yet.

The front coilovers are too squidgy if you have got a heavy engine, kinda feels funny mid corner going over a bump.. like your about to take off lol If you run them too low they bottom out aswell..

CP's been running them for a while now and they get used and abused.. so I'm sure he'll have some opinions on them.

Ste_Nova
10-12-03, 01:44 PM
cp does run higher though so the shock is more in the correct operating area not at the end of the travel?

craig green
12-12-03, 02:06 PM
Get Courtenay premium kit!! Beautiful.....