PDA

View Full Version : Rust Remedies!!!

Pez14sr
09-12-03, 04:37 PM
How would i go about treating small amouts of rust?? as wit most Novas there is a slight bit of rust under the arches and how would i go about treating it????

Will
09-12-03, 04:58 PM
what do u want a solution that "hides" the rust on a temp basis or a cure for full time?

short term solution use rust remidie stuff rub down, repaint etc etc

long term - rear arch repair panel (?12) welder, paint

lovely :D

locky
09-12-03, 05:26 PM
Or you can just cut out the rust! and fill the holes! depends on how much you have!

epo
09-12-03, 08:17 PM
long term - rear arch repair panel (?12) welder, paint

lovely :D

where bouts cud i buy 1 of these from plz mate

novax
09-12-03, 10:41 PM
Look in the Yellow pages, always someone in your area selling panels. It will involve cutting welding and filling before repainting. We have just used the new Kurust gel, really good and you wash it off afterwards.

mbr1.2i
09-12-03, 10:58 PM
you could treat the rust with Hammeright KRUST adn then repaint it

Baz007
10-12-03, 09:13 PM
You BUY an arch repair kit??? So d that, jus get some sheet steel, cut out the rust, and 2-3 cm rnd it, weld a piece back in, fill it, paint it

CP
10-12-03, 10:52 PM
If you have even just a few small rust bubbles coming up in the arches esp away from the lip you will have a serious rust problem underneath on the other side of the rear quarter. Its always much worse when it comes thru from below and means that prolly a fair few square inches is rotten. If you want a good result that will last in our shitty winters you shud replace the rear quarter and re-paint. It helps if you spray clean oil into the inside of the wings etc when you have re built it all. Any of the other methods mentioned whilst maybe easier and cheaper will let rust re- appear eventually

mikeyredtop
11-12-03, 01:30 AM
heres a remidy! :lol:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boffman/nova.jpg

Will F
11-12-03, 12:09 PM
Try Sel-Imperial panels for cheap Nova panels.

I have used them before

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 12:51 PM
i poured hot engine oil into the 1/4s on my 16v... and they stayed mint