PDA

View Full Version : mig welders...

Anonymous
18-03-01, 09:57 PM
ok, just a few questions.
1. does anyone know any good sites where i can get a mig welder for a good price?
2. what type do i need? or what specifications are your welders, if u have one?
3. anyone looking to sell their welder? maybe u've finished using it or something...

cheers,
plaskins

paul@novaload.org.uk

paul@askins.com

Anonymous
19-03-01, 05:44 PM
some where like machine mart, i got mine from there it only cost a 100, it welds up to about 6 mm but if u keep it on a bit longer it does more. ifur just doing the occasional welding get one that dont need a gas bottle, if ur gonna do loads get one with gas bottle, as it cheaper when buying more wire,cause the non gas has flux coated wire which is more expensive. if ur just doing loght jobs pay about 80 - 150, if u doing big jobs like welding a subframe or somthing like that then up to 400.

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:28 PM
The gas is the big problem, if you`re using it quite a bit try and get hold of a pub gas bottle (co2) they only cost a tenner to fill and last ages, the weld isnt qite as clean as an argon mix but there`s not a lot in it!!
(u`ll need a regulator for the bottle, and an adaptor). Don`t bother with the mini bottles, from halfords as you`ll just waste money. ;)