PDA

View Full Version : North west nova meets

rob_wilkinson
08-12-03, 08:56 PM
Are there any nova meet ups in the north west/north??? like the mk one.

Ian
08-12-03, 10:05 PM
this sunday cheadle royal

dave.gsi
09-12-03, 12:05 AM
where the hell is cheadle royal?

Breeny
09-12-03, 12:06 AM
Is that the one i went to?? lol

Bit more south than Manc if it is..

?Marty?
09-12-03, 12:50 AM
cheadle royal - TGI Fridays near Manchester? Might come down.

Unless my geography really IS that fucked. lol

mikeyredtop
09-12-03, 12:53 AM
in northenden??

RJM25R
09-12-03, 08:34 AM
GET ON THE MANCHESTER RING ROAD (M60), it's on the A34 AT CHEADLE NEXT TO JOHN LEWIS.

DON'T GO EXPECTING TO SEE ANY OF THE WELL KNOWN NORTHERN CARSTO BE OUT, THEY'LL ALL BE BUBBLE-WRAPPED UP IN THEIR HEATED GARAGES OR BEING RESPRAYED (AGAIN) OR SOMETHING!

:lol:

peester
09-12-03, 09:12 AM
so whats this then; another meeting; in cheadle? on sunday the-quite- close-to-xmas of december. do list of names who are/might be going then; like with mk.... see if a few will show up.

Breeny
09-12-03, 09:23 AM
There won't be very many off here...

Its a PNG meet or whatever there called now.. (or it used to be anyway lol)

Ste_Nova
09-12-03, 09:39 AM
monthy png meet....

pity most of the peeps who go arn't in the png anymore :lol: or don't drive novas :lol:

Lee H
09-12-03, 01:48 PM
Usually a very poor turnout, even in summer. I have stopped going now as every month mine was about the only Nova there and everyone else was in 2nd cars, company cars etc. The PNG is shit now IMO and I will not be renewing this month.

Ste_Nova
09-12-03, 02:29 PM
The PNG is s**t now IMO and I will not be renewing this month.

:beer:

Ste_Nova
09-12-03, 02:29 PM
Are there any nova meet ups in the north west/north??? like the mk one.

where are you in the northwest?

rob_wilkinson
09-12-03, 07:30 PM
blackpool. who else is from the northwest on here?

yellow nova
09-12-03, 07:53 PM
lee i think you will find i allways turn up in my nova and who was it that came in a R5 turbo last time a

Lee H
10-12-03, 07:52 AM
I only came in the R5 Turbo because the Nova is in bits and undriveable though and not because it might rain :lol:

I know you always bring your car Dave but there is no one else, also I said mine was "about" the only Nova there not "the" only Nova there.

RJM25R
10-12-03, 08:29 AM
i work weekends which is the principle reason I don't bother, but there are very rarely any of the decent local cars turn up. Partly in case it rains (LOL) and partly because there is no planning and nowt to do when you do turn up. my idea of a meet is not to just stand around for 3 hours while people brag how good their car is that isn't even there.

I went to the first ever meeting of the region, when Jon Walsh was there (still worked at Max Power at the time when it was still a decent mag-1996). People at the meet were telling all the members about all the wonderful tyhings we would be doing, the stands we would be getting at shows etc and the trips, treasure hunts etc and in the first 3 years, we went on one trip, to Lincoln, that turned out to be a VPCC meeting in the end anyway! That was arranged by Lisa Hurst from VPCC!

PNG meetings are a good place to meet people and that is about it!

Cos you can forget about seeing many cars!LOL

Lee H
10-12-03, 09:47 AM
I remember the first meet I went to, followed Rick down (RJM 25R) and there were quite a few cars there. Joff and Rick took me and this other lad out in their Nova's as we'd never been out in a valver Nova before and it was quite a good meet. Only thing was quite a few people didn't make any effort to speak to newcomers. I only had a 1.0 Nova at the time (due to only being 17) so that might explain it :roll:

Rick Draper
10-12-03, 10:17 AM
My turbos off the road now, will not be back on the road till well into the new year now, probably april when the coonts have stopped gritting the roads :lol: I dont need it anymore so it might as well only be used when its dry as it is not getting any newer is it so it seems stupid to do anyting that will shorten its life. Rick

Ste_Nova
10-12-03, 11:02 AM
I dont need it anymore so it might as well only be used when its dry as it is not getting any newer is it so it seems stupid to do anyting that will shorten its life. Rick

same here... i might finish my car before i'm 30 :lol:

RJM25R
10-12-03, 08:07 PM
???????????????????????????????

OK i understand those comments, but you don't go to the meetings anyway do you?

Rick Draper
10-12-03, 08:12 PM
Yup i usually go to the meets when work permits. Rick

Ste_Nova
10-12-03, 08:13 PM
OK i understand those comments, but you don't go to the meetings anyway do you?

i used to go every month either in my 16v or my 1.4 or in robs spider

RJM25R
11-12-03, 08:36 AM
OK point taken ste/rick

Isn't the point of the meetings for people to see Nova's though? You know, have a meet, look at cars, go in the Cheadle Royal, chat about whatever, convoy down to show's, have a display at show's etc etc etc etc

I have taken people to the NW meet and they have been ignored cos they don't have a valver or ?2000 spray job, while other people have brageed how great their own car is and it's not even there!

I heard LEEGSI's car slagged off for having a couple of dings and dents in it by a virtual trailer-queen. But his car is a daily driver, used in all weather (unless it's not running!)

One person even emailed round a picture of a Porsche boxster claiming he'd sold his nova and bought that. So not only are people not going to the meet in a nova, they're PRETENDING NOT TO OWN ONE!

Anyway, ste, i thought you hated PNG????

Jules
11-12-03, 09:24 AM
One person even emailed round a picture of a Porsche boxster claiming he'd sold his nova and bought that. So not only are people not going to the meet in a nova, they're PRETENDING NOT TO OWN ONE!

ROFL!!!

God I remember that, it was about 2 - 3 years ago, and it was just a wind up...............

njc11
11-12-03, 02:40 PM
[/quote]I dont need it anymore so it might as well only be used when its dry as it is not getting any newer is it so it seems stupid to do anyting that will shorten its life. Rick[/quote]

I have to agree with you there..... if you have a second vehicle to use then why not!!

As for the Boxster topic..... that was a joke.... you know Humour!!! (was it that long ago Jules??? jeez!!)

As for all the things we tried to organise at the beginning.... i went to alot of trouble to get prices and info on various activities, karting etc and then at the next meet would tell people about it and at the time they would be up for it, but as usual when the time arrives to part with some cash, they excuses come out ' oh can't afford it ' or ' im busy that weekend now '

Xmas meals have been a success in the past... but as usual people say they will come and they let me down for various reasons at the last minute!! The people who turn up are always the same reliable crowd!! This why they all get asked first because I know they will turn up and pay!! And not mess me about!

People are very good about putting forward suggestions and saying we don't do things but why don't these people actually go on these things they suggested etc we get sorted, there are plenty of people who will agree with me on this!

The peole who come to stuff we organise etc are always the same reliable people so please don't call me for snubbing other people its just not the case!!

As for people being ignored just because there car hasn't got a mega paint job or a valver thats a load of bollocks!! Can't these people speak for themselves and come and introduce themselves!! If i remember rightly Lee was one of these people and numerous people gave him advice and pointed him in the right direction for various things etc and on most occasions would just waste there time (e.g.full respray Adrian Culley) I put him intouch with Dave Broomfield who does excellent work...blah blah blah... I don't think i have ever slagged Lees car off, he admitted the body work wasn't the best... hence i was intouch with Adrian Culley at Lee’s request!!

Oh and Rick the trip organised with Lincoln VPCC was actually sorted out by me (my girlfriend at the time was from Lincoln so got to know all the VPCC Lincoln crowd) and not Lisa (not seen her and Laurence…..must get in touch) Lisa will agree with me about most things I have said, how difficult it is to get money of people when trips etc are concerned!! Lisa was/is brill at sorting stuff she persevered…. Thumbs up to her!

As for people bragging about there cars that’s a load of crap as well……. People who do there cars up get a buzz from people admiring there car and giving them complements so I’d be very suprised if they stood there and bragged about there own car! If people ask a certain question about a particular mod the owner of that car will give them info on it…

Regarding the meeting….. Its on this Sunday at the TGI Fridays/Cheadle Royal Pub at Cheadle Royal (off the M60 onto the A34) which is next door to the David Lloyd Tennis Centre and across the road from John Lewis and Sainsbury’s from about 1pm, I intend to be there this weekend but with it being close to Xmas the turnout might be down, due to Xmas shopping etc?? Normally though I would say we get 10 of the usual crowd turning up, in there corsa/nova/astra or not!! So what!!!! I aint been around for the last couple of meets due to personnel problems which have cost me quite a lot of ?????!!!!! Girlfriends…. Who needs them!!! Dave Broomfield…you know the situation/figure so keep it to yourself matey!! LOL!!!! See you on Sunday in the modified Peugeot Partner 1.9D with a Nova Gsi bodykit on….LOL!!! I must apologise for not bringing my car out, its nearly 15 years old now and as the car aint getting any newer and the roads are all gritted, salt does them no good at all!! im coming in my works van!! Is that ok Rick Marland??

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!

Cheers
Nick

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 03:03 PM
[quote]I aint been around for the last couple of meets due to personnel problems which have cost me quite a lot of ?????!!!!! Girlfriends, Who needs them!!!

lol is that that new bird u brought to the meet at vauxhall?

njc11
11-12-03, 03:15 PM
LOL!! That one i brought with me that day is spot on... :D

Its my previous g/f thats cost me ????? u know the one, Caroline small brown hair...... hopefully all sorted now though! Still friends though its not all bitter and twisted!!

h buy the way i sorted my 7250i :wink:

Cheers

Nick

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 03:18 PM
so why the ??? then???? i thought u had everyting tied up nicely?

was it a case of "you love your car more than me" ?

RJM25R
11-12-03, 03:34 PM
well nick you've just made my point for me thanks. when i had my valver i used to go to fucking work in it, shopping, trafford centre etc, drive it, (remember what that is?!)

I am a paid member of the PNG (not a freebie) and I am entitled to my opinion about the meetings/regional

If i have got any facts wrong, eg the lincoln meet, please accept my apology but i stand by the fact that lot's of people come once or twice to meetings to see "certain" cars that are never at the meets. Then they never come back. I have take 4 different people to the NW meet and only LEEGSI persevered and still goes.

Sorry to hear about your personal problems, and can i again make the point now that I am only voicing my opinion.

I am only saying what a lot of other people think but wouldn't ever dare say!

njc11
11-12-03, 04:45 PM
I thought i had to!! i took some advice she wanted a settlement and didn't want to go through are the legal crap, so she came up with a figure which she thought was fare, and thats that really!!

We just grew apart......

Rick..... if you remember i used to use my car everyday for work and shopping and going to Lincoln and back every weekend (85 miles there 85 miles back over chestfield etc) for about 9 years rain or shine while doing my car up etc...so again get your facts right before your start (about 3 of those years was every weekend to Lincoln through all sorts of weather snow etc etc) I was lucky enough to get myself a company van which i still have. As my car is nearly 15 years old and is of the age where rust is part and parcel of owning the car, i will use my van as and when i wish!

[/quote]I am only saying what a lot of other people think but wouldn't ever dare say![quote]

What a ridiculous comment......

People are quite entitled to make comments etc if people don't voice them how can things change be made better etc??? what i ask is, if people want to make them they check the facts first and perhaps talk to the regular people who turn up and see what they have to say!

As i have said we do orgnise stuff for the summer various shows etc..... the regular reliable people always seem to be the ones who go all the time simply because they are intouch with me in between meets to find out whats going on.... they are prepared to pay for shows upfront for tickets etc and religiously turn up every meeting. People in the past have said they will go to events etc but i'll say it again when it comes down to parting with cash to do these activities they never produce it! Some of these activities can never take place because we can't get the numbers to make it worth while. It like when trying to organise Xmas meal, i find somewhere quite nice ?20/?25 which is good value considering its a 4 course meal a late bar and a DJ... people then complain that its to expensive, or once we are there start maoaning about how crap it is and what a waste of money!! Why don't they try and organise stuff then!!

Im sorry if people feel like they are being snubbed but thats not the case, if we are all talking in a group they are more than welcome to come over and introduce themselves if im free and not chatting i have always made apoint of trying to make people feel welcome.The only time i might have something to say is when people turn up open the boot and have the stereo blareing out or wheel spinning and driving recklessly around the car park...Doing that is pathetic and it will get us chucked of the site...
Cheers

Nick

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 04:48 PM
i'm not a png member so can't comment :lol:

so u got it on with that new bird nick?? any pics :P

RJM25R
11-12-03, 04:50 PM
err didn't i say sorry if i got some facts wrong?
take your head from up your ass and smell the coffee

njc11
11-12-03, 05:00 PM
This is her.... LOL!!

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/RandiTeigen.jpg

what you reckon....???

This is her brother!!
http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/HenrikTeigen.jpg

LOL!!!

No seriously shes hopefully coming to the meet on Sunday...

Cheers

Nick

njc11
11-12-03, 05:02 PM
Don't you mean..... ' wake up smell the Coffee!! '

You seem to have real chip on your shoulder mate, why??

Are you jealous or something or just gutted your Nova-less at the moment??

Cheers

Nick

dave.gsi
11-12-03, 05:38 PM
wow, and you wonder why people dont turn up to the meet :roll:

yellow nova
11-12-03, 06:10 PM
now now ladies :lol:

Franny
11-12-03, 06:40 PM
I turned up last month in my nova! Sorry Leegsi16v, for having a company car, I`ll tell my boss I don`t what it, I`ll drive my nova instead!! So what would you do if you had a company car??.......... EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!

RJM25R
11-12-03, 08:03 PM
yeah i'm jealous of you nick you'r my hero.

?Marty?
12-12-03, 02:39 AM
what shall i argue about?

i'm slim shady, yes i'm the real shady, all you other slim shadys are just imitating.....

Mark
12-12-03, 06:36 AM
what shall i argue about?

i'm slim shady, yes i'm the real shady, all you other slim shadys are just imitating.....
Don't be silly Marty :!:

I'm the real Slim Shady :!: :lol:

Lee H
12-12-03, 08:05 AM
If I did have a company car I would still turn up to the "Nova" meets in my Nova rather than the company car whether it was summer or winter.

Maybe its just me but I don't see the point in all the money invested in these cars and then hardly ever using them!! Also at the end of the day it is still only a Nova, its not like its something rare that is irreplaceable if anything happens to it

RJM25R
12-12-03, 09:17 AM
The only thing is, if people travel a distance ,for example to see Nicks car, it won't be there. Likewise with a lot of the other "famous" NW cars. That is what was pointed out to start with, tell me i haven't got my facts right there, Nick?

I remember when I first went to the NW meeting in my 1.2 GSI looker, and only Brettw, JDHaslam (whatever happened to him?) and Dave France had valvers, all in standard colours, even Nick's car still had it's 1.3 engine, NOBODY had even ventured into new colours, throttle bodies and turbos were rare as fuck there were some horrendous cars there (my 1.2 was possibly one of them! LOL!)

But I only went to see these "FAMOUS" cars, and to meet likeminded people

That was the best meeting (IMO) that we ever had was when ALL the cars were there (was it 50 or so nick-don't wanna get my facts wrong!) when it first began and we convoyed from Cheadle to Stockport McDonalds and back again! Peoples faces when they saw all those lovely Nova's one after another!!!

Oh and every three months when I get my PCC news, the NW region report makes interesting reading, cos there never is one!

Ste_Nova
12-12-03, 09:36 AM
well i won't go till my car isn finished then... :lol:

njc11
12-12-03, 11:21 AM
Yeah i remember that meet!!!

What a turnout.... we never really equaled that turn out, probably had something to do with the fact that Jon Walsh from ' Max Power ' was there that made it even more busy as word got around!!

I wish we could do another meet like that....

On some occasions ive suggested lets go for a drive out somewhere, but people where having a good old chin wag and we end up staying at Cheadle... Also sometimes as you all know people turn up at all times during the afternoon, so it can be difficult!!

As for regional reports, to be honest there is not much to report about! if someone else has something that want to write about feel free to and let me have it and i can then send onto HQ.

At one point i used to contribute quite alot.... but never once got any thanks for it..... or if i got the mag to publish an event i was organising i never got any response from members!! so i used to hand out info at the meets...

It got quite frustrating, trying to organise stuff because people asked me and yet when i did no one wanted to do it!!

Cheers

Nick

Ian
12-12-03, 12:57 PM
i always take mine if its on the road which is rare lol

Ste_Nova
12-12-03, 03:43 PM
i always take mine if its on the road which is rare lol

your astra ian... remember it's the pvg now not the png

fearless
12-12-03, 06:19 PM
I can see both sides of the argument having valid points - If U have a mint nova , u dont want to take it out in bad weather - but also, the whole idea of the nova meet - is to take your nova out and drive it/show it off

I have been going to this meet nearly every month from the day it started all those years ago - and yes - there has been a decline in novas turning up - but is that because there are less novas on the road ??

I hope when I get round to starting/finishing my project (You all know which one) I will take it to meetings and drive it in all weather - but ask me again when I've spent big ???????

C U all on Sunday

Dave

srs1
12-12-03, 08:17 PM
as above

both have valid points.

i have been a pvg member for 3 years and agree there never seemed to enough stuff in the 3 month mag. but on the other hand, if i get off my lazy ass and go to the meet. then i would have found out why, as nick described before.

on a other note, i know its a pain but, if nick puts up a post every month for the meet then i think alot of people from the nw would try and come.

i have only one car and it's a nova, so guess what i'd come in.

njc11
13-12-03, 09:42 AM
Cheers for the comments guys!!

So come on whos coming on Sunday!!??

DIY... I thought you had started doing the Nova matey!??!

Cheers

Nick

karl Rowntree
13-12-03, 12:38 PM
Nick, i back you up on everything you have said.

I organise the midlands regional meets, and i have tried most things to get people to attend. When new faces turn up to the meetings i go out of my way to make them feel welcome and get them involved in conversations. But the new faces come once maybe twice then we dont see them again.

Its the same 'reliable' croud that allways turn up.

As for organising events, i did a rolling road day at aldon. We had about 15 novas but i had to make the numbers up with cars from other regions and then 5 of the cars that went on were not even vauxhalls! So unless i can get numbers together now, i am reluctant to organise days out.

I dont think its that important to allways take my nova down to the meets, I try and go in as often as i can. The meetings for me are more about making new friends, the cars just give us an excuse to get together. :wink:

?Marty?
13-12-03, 04:31 PM
I was a member of PNG, but thought i got nothing for the money. But that was partly due to my circumstances - i worked evenings and weekends, so was unable to attend any meets/shows/events, so missed out on all of that (plus would have felt embarassed to go in my 'stock' nova anyway) and i didnt find the magazine informative or entertaining in any way. Tho i guess that was due to my knowledge, and it would have been good for someone just getting into the Nova (or more like Corsa lol) scene.

Plus, being in the North West, there's not as much going on as there is down south, but the few meets and etc that i would be able to go to now, dont interest me due to the very small number of actual Novas that would be there anyway. If any.

I dont see a point in going to listen to people brag about things that i cant even see - and i WOULD be bragging, since you cant ask questions/complement people on cars that you havent even seen 'in the flesh', so it would be along the lines of ''so, what do you drive......'' and then the floodgates to 'max power' bhp and etc would open.
But then, with it being more of an enthusiast thing, rather than 'maxers', this should be less of the norm?

Dont know. But there is no appeal to me in travelling all that way just to make new friends, when i could spend the time maintaining friendships with the many friends i already have.

Still got my png sticker on my windscreen tho! lol

andyrs1800
22-06-04, 07:57 AM
So come on... when is this novaload meet? got a few mates with nova's so will get them down to, may even brng the fez down if your lucky... :roll:

I'm sure ste can sort sumthin out...

Ste_Nova
22-06-04, 10:39 AM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92977