PDA

View Full Version : 4" Speaker Locations?

nova_rally
07-12-03, 09:38 PM
Nice and simple:

Where can I put some 4" round speakers?

Actually, what are the specs of the standard Nova SR Speakers? (especially What size are they?) I rememeber a mates 1.0L and that had brilliant factory speakers - we hooked a Sony CD Changer up to them and deafened ourselves before the speakers distorted! :o

Alan

peester
07-12-03, 10:01 PM
standard nova speakers (in top of dash above side heater outlets) are 8.5 cm in diameter. almost 4". maybe 4" will fit, but not sure. will have to chop up and enlarge the hole. (nice) ive but a pair of jbl gto326's in mine (3.5") they fit pretty sound, bit fiddely thou. go quite loud. but you'll need a sub 4 bass.

nova_rally
08-12-03, 11:15 AM
Excellent. thanks! The mounting points are 8.5cm spacing, will that help much?

I'm only fitting these speakers in - pulling all the OEM stuff out. They run off the head unit and are about a million times better than Sony Xplod 6x9s (200W). Not after Subs or anything coz I'm not into boy racer cruising round town with awful dance rubbish at full volume on the stereo! :lol:

I just want a decent volume that doesnt distort (so that I could go and deafen evryone down the high street if I really wanted to! :wink: )

Alan

epo
08-12-03, 10:05 PM
standard nova speakers (in top of dash above side heater outlets) are 8.5 cm in diameter. almost 4". maybe 4" will fit, but not sure. will have to chop up and enlarge the hole. (nice) ive but a pair of jbl gto326's in mine (3.5") they fit pretty sound, bit fiddely thou. go quite loud. but you'll need a sub 4 bass.

i thought they were 10cm?

nova_rally
09-12-03, 10:13 AM
Well that would be even better for me as thats what speakers I have to put in there! :)

Alan

peester
09-12-03, 09:26 PM

i thought they were 10cm?

if only! nearly. on a mk2 anyway, they are 1, 1.5 cm short of 10cm in diameter. but dash is only carboard so file/saw the hole bigger shudn't be a prob.