PDA

View Full Version : engine wiring

Euan
07-12-03, 05:36 PM
i now have my nova sri as a donar car to put the engine into my carbed sr.

however i've been told that the wiring up of the ecu and loom etc can be quite complex for this conversion. as the engine loom is integrated with the interior loom

just wondering if anyone can shine any light on the best way to go about the conversion.

cheers

geordie_racer
07-12-03, 06:06 PM
the easiest way to do this will be to replace the interior loom on your car with the sri loom otherwise you'll have loads of trouble cutting and shutting the sri engine loom into the other loom, just replace the interior and engine loom on your car with the sri loom job done take half hour max

chris

Aragorn
07-12-03, 06:21 PM
lol give youself half a day to do the wiring

u need to strip the whole dash out and replace every connection behind there

aint no 30min job - prolly take u 30mins just to remove the dash

Euan
07-12-03, 08:05 PM
so its only the dash wires and the engine wires.

dont have to deal with all the lights or anything else?

whats the best way to remove the loom from the donar car?

would it not be possible just to use my existing interior loom and only use the sri's engine loom or is this not an option?

PE4
07-12-03, 08:58 PM
get the loom, get the LOOM, GET THE LOOM!!!!!!

I swapped my 1.3 SR for a 1.6 GTE without the loom, and it is a fekkin nightmare, only a handfull of wires they said, easy job they said, FUCKING BOLLOX STILL NOT FINISHED FUCK FECKIT AAARRRRGGHHH!!!!

Anyways, my point is that it will be straight forward with the complete loom, and you will not have to cut anything, even though the difference is only a handfull of wires.

Steve