PDA

View Full Version : peeps fav nova

ken
07-12-03, 10:24 AM
me and my boys were chatting the other night over a few beers and was interested in what peoples top 5 favorite novas were we MINE ARE:

KARL ROWNTREE'S SR
MARK BEESONS? NO PICS
BREENYS RED TURBO
THE GUY WITH THE GTE IN GREY WITH SOFTSTARS AND CHROME ENGINE BAY? SEEN IT AT A FEW SHOWS CONCOURSE WINNER
AND SOME CHAP WITH A SPORT WORKS AS A JUDGE AT SHOWS FOR P.N.G WITH COMPOMOTIVE 6 SPOKES AND SIDESKIRTS
I DONT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD PICS BUT THOSE WITH NE OF THE ABOVE OR THEIR FAVORITE PLEASE DO CAN BE MORE THEN 5 THANX.

AND I'L GIVE DAN PAYNE A MENTION TOO FOR HIS OWN STYLE AND CREATIVENESS. AND ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED TOP MOTORS.

krobinson
07-12-03, 12:52 PM
I wouldnt say i have a favourate Nova. But if its clean, tidy and no stevie wonder delta kit then i usually like it!

I'll try and compile a list here, no particular order, but these stand out most for me...

Karl's
Andy Bishop's (yes i realise its in bits)
Mark Beeson's
Breeney's
Lee Haslam's
Chris T's
Colin Francombs
Martin Weaver's
Nick Caro's
Julian Summers
James Austins
David Broomfields
Neil Robson's (1.6 8v turbo)
Rick drapers

There are more, but u get the idea.. lol

Keith

red_devil
07-12-03, 03:19 PM
Dan Paynes is THE nicest nova i've ever seen just for the shear quality and quantity of work done on the car... don't know whether he did all the work himself but 110% respect for the committment m8

Mike is a proper minter... but theres so many r8 nice nova's about on here its hard to chose

Ben3042
07-12-03, 05:16 PM
Theres 2 many to choose from but her's some of my favourite ones:

Richard doores 2.0 16v turbo
Ian's 2.0 16v
Dan paynes gte
Paul Elseys gte
Neil Robsons 1600 turbo

Kev Turbo
07-12-03, 05:22 PM
one of the best looking ones has got to be the one that was on teh front cover of fast car on 19's a while ago with kingdom kit,

was in blue with Type K on it,

hell of a machine,

cream leather, C20 let had the lot

gotta be one of the best all round cars,

There are some lovly ones in teh gallerys on here though,

some of teh best in the turbos and 16v sections

beatin u
07-12-03, 05:27 PM
pepe
brett warbuttons
my valver
Rick d's
breenys

Jules
07-12-03, 09:40 PM
Holy double post Batman!!!
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84501
Please can an a admin delete the one above to save people replying to one rather than the other?
:roll:

Jules
07-12-03, 09:42 PM
Copied from the other topic that's the same (With a few added that I forgot):

Here we go again......

_Ben_
Nick Caro
Brett Warburton
Karl Rowntree
Martin Weaver

There are plenty of others like Keiths Robinsons, Ians, Dan Paynes, Mark Beesons, Andy Bishops, Steve Latimers, CP, Rob Delicarta, Dec Burkes old one, Rick Marland, Jon Walsh, Rick Draper, Breeny etc etc etc but you asked for 5 and there they are.

peester
07-12-03, 09:52 PM
can't be arsed any more. i hate them all.

Jules
07-12-03, 10:00 PM
one of the best looking ones has got to be the one that was on teh front cover of fast car on 19's a while ago with kingdom kit,

was in blue with Type K on it,

hell of a machine,

cream leather, C20 let had the lot

gotta be one of the best all round cars,

There are some lovly ones in teh gallerys on here though,

some of teh best in the turbos and 16v sections

You should of seen the bumpers held on with ruddy great self tapper screws shoved through the wings before 'K' owned it then!! Looked at bit of a dog then tbh.......

olly55
07-12-03, 11:53 PM
lo lthe car looked quite well but the mingdom front it had doesnt suit a nova to owell tho, still carried it off quite well i loved that motor the rims were classy,

most of its parts still live on lol

RJM25R
08-12-03, 08:31 AM
LOL

K's car looked good on carefully chosen photo's, but in the metal was shite. An it was the slowest turbo i ever saw! He claimed a 5 second 0-60 in Slow Car magazine, but my calibra 16v blitzed him at Avon Park raceway!
STANDARD calibra 16vwith air filter and exhaust!

But i have to say I spoke to K and he was a thoroughly nice chap.

rob_wilkinson
08-12-03, 05:09 PM
Ive got all the pics of k's car bein done up. V. nice. Never seen it in flesh but a lot of cars in the flesh have dodgy botched bits on them ie pinky. Thats why mines takin ages coz nothin will be botched. Carnt really say which is best until youve seen them all in the metal coz photos can disguise things.

ncole
09-12-03, 09:47 PM
karl rowntrees
dav's 1.6turbo 8v nicer than neils and quicker
breenys
few others not sure on names

dan16v
09-12-03, 10:11 PM
brett w's
mark b's blue turbo
ricks
myne :P

djp_y2k
10-12-03, 10:31 AM
breeny's red one.

brett w's ( the expensive one)

blue 2.0l 16v one that had petrol cap in rear window (cover of fastcar a while ago.

Pinky

erm cant think of which other ones. I know there are loads i've seen on here that are kick ass.

Rick Draper
10-12-03, 01:36 PM
Pepe,
Isaac hunt blue one,
Silk violet EDS one,
Brett W's,
Beasties.

There are load of other though _Ben_, Breeny's, Dan's, CP's, Rob smiths, Nicks, Martin Kelsons, CT's, Lee H's, Decs old one, Wilsons euro one, Silky, Ians new one, Keith Robinsons, A16 VTB, old VBH one, the list just goes on and on. Rick

RJM25R
10-12-03, 08:06 PM
whats this wilson euro one you on about rick?

any pics?

My top 5 are

A16V TB
PHIL LOFTHOUSE'S
DAVE FRANCE'S (rip)
KARL ROWNTREE'S
BRETT W'S

but there are so many high quality cars it's a dis-service to a lot of the other cars...............................

We are the champions, my friends. And We'll keep on building, till the end!

peester
10-12-03, 08:08 PM
shud do a points system; see who's nov gets highest points.

Rick Draper
10-12-03, 08:23 PM
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CorsaNova/41c964d0.jpg

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CorsaNova/28b6af6a.jpg

I use the word euro loosly as it has big flared arches and deep dish wheels. Rick

RJM25R
11-12-03, 08:52 AM
Isn't that K's legendary ?1000 runabout?????????????????????????????

Nice wheels.....

ken
11-12-03, 11:52 AM
yes would be nice to do it as a pole, karl rowntree's seems to be on many lists..........still people are not posting up pics.

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 12:08 PM
glad to see mines not been listed 8) i hope peeps hate everyting i do to my car :lol:

Jules
11-12-03, 12:22 PM
glad to see mines not been listed 8) i hope peeps hate everyting i do to my car :lol:

Show us some recent pics and maybe people will tell you how much they hate it!!
We haven't seen pics of it for ages now.

Ste_Nova
11-12-03, 12:46 PM
[quote=Ste_Nova]
We haven't seen pics of it for ages now.

lol there is a good reason too... i've been too busy with the red car and with sorting out my garage and compressor

NovaNeil
12-12-03, 12:44 PM
Karls (Smooth and clean Red 16v)
djp_y2K (Awesome Yellow beast!)
KRobinsons (Smooth GSi Replica)
A 16V TB (Blue Turbo)
Davs (Yellow 1.6 Turbo)

And for maddness.. Rich Bells!!! Crazy car with big Power and ICE to match.

karl Rowntree
13-12-03, 12:58 PM
Hard to say which are my favorites as i like bits from many peoples cars, but a few of them are:

Bretts Warburton
Pepe
Issac hunt
Nova Niels
Barts euro nova
djp_y2k, for the amount of work gone into it!

Il ike the euro look mainly. Do like the pictures of the blue euro nova at the MK meet. Would like to see it in the flesh. Fair play for being different!

So many more i like but would be here all day.