PDA

View Full Version : made from scrap or bought some elses work?

AnThoNYnOvA
07-12-03, 01:19 AM
how many of use made your baby from a scrap or carryed on from someone else's work?

i think that starting from scrap and seeing your car grow sexyer each day is better, anyone else have any views on this?

Wiggie
07-12-03, 10:39 AM
lol, i cant say iv continiud sombody elses work but my car is vertuly made from scanked parts. my last job suplied me with a fair few scap part. let alone the paint i resprayed it in :lol: (boss still dosnt know)

it does feel good when you make something that comes out look better than acceptable, you apreciate your work more.

wigz

red_devil
07-12-03, 11:04 AM
Mine had a feckin terrible home made kit on it with some crappy white rims... i took about 5 months to hack the whole thing apart and produce wot is now in the features.... however that i now in bits to create some more mystical styling bits...

Wot eva u do when building ur car try to be original (which is r8 difficult and half the reason my cars always in bits)

And don't listen to the people that tell u i just aint worth it coz it an amazing feeling to role 1 out of the spray booth... polish her up and take it for a spin down town to see every1 drool

my moto is below and i've stuck 2 it
see wot u want out of a car and build a replic of wots in ur mind

rob_wilkinson
07-12-03, 12:23 PM
Yeah red_devil is right build whats in your mind and make sure you build the car so that your happy with it and its how you want it, dont listen to people knockin your ideas coz your the one thats spendin the time and money. Plus building a car from scrap is better coz you can see it rise from a heap of shit.

AnThoNYnOvA
07-12-03, 09:18 PM
in january project bnovad will be under way and novaload will have the 1st pics of it.

Jules
07-12-03, 09:50 PM
I bought a bog standard GSi and added the bits n pieces to it that I wanted, works out more costly that way but then it's 'your' car and not someone elses work.

Tazzy
07-12-03, 10:46 PM
my is kinda carrying on from the previous owners work, when i swapped the car with the GTE i had, it already came with clear rear clusters, debadged and colour coded bumpers!

ive got loads more goodies to go on, and more work to do, but it looks tidy and will look even more mint once ive finished!

hendrix
07-12-03, 11:48 PM
i bought my standard SRi from a salvage yard (stolen recovered) and am doin it up how i want it.
if that all counts ?

ade
08-12-03, 10:33 AM
mine was a standard 1.2 merit on 13` steelies - now its a gsi lookalike with a 1.4 weber 32/34 set up and full gsi spec

Nova-Flair
08-12-03, 11:51 AM
i think if you get someone elses old project you are always going to get people who keep referring to the previous owner and reminding you that it was their hard work and money that got it the way it is in the first place.

if you get a bog standard car and start from scratch i think that not only do you appreciate it more but you cant have people coming up saying it was someone elses car because you built it. which is a great feeling!

bloody hell ade your car has come a long way hasnt it?! how long you had it?

novax
09-12-03, 10:16 PM
Every last nut and bolt! From fitting the new headlining to building the engine - done it all on my driveway. Not always on my own but not got anyone else to do the work for me.

The original 2001/2002 project took 5 months to plan and only 2 months to build. Then 2002/2003 6 week strip, repaint and buind and now the new engine.

Click here to see the whole story, then click on Nova-X (http://vaux-md.net)