PDA

View Full Version : A flying visit.....been a while since I last popped by!

Rich Dale
06-12-03, 06:11 AM
Hi Guys and Gals, it's been over a year since I last payed a visit to Novaload, so figured it was about time I popped by to see how you lot are doing.

For those who don't know me (or have forgotten), I'm Rich Dale who used to run another Nova site called novabug (still up but not up-dated for eons, lol)

I've not been around for so long 'cos basically I sold my last Nova (a white GTE) and got a MK2 Cav SRi130, which is still my pride and joy.

Well, I said I'd be back when I bought another Nova (I always said I would buy one again some day), which I have done, so here I am :)

I have to say this place is looking fantastic.....definatley the number one Nova site around (which it always was anyway).

So how are you all.......especially the Old Skool crew like Kev, Ian, Breeny, Steve, Micky, Sammy, SY, Wisewood, Bob, Mike etc. etc. oh, and Dave lol

I'm also curious about where my old Antibes is now......it's in the features page as "STUART ALLINSONS ANTIBES" "E474 SWX"
I see from the comments on the feature page that Stu sold it on and it's now got a 2.0 16V in it?
But that's from almost a year ago, so does anyone know where it is now?

I'm just curious.

As for my Cav, I've been busy this last year modding it a "little".
Nothing in terms of power really, other than a Powerflow zorst, but mainly styling.
Lowered 60mm, 17's, leather interiour, elecy bits and bobs, bit of ICE, the usual.

The Nova I've got at the mo is a H-plate mk2 1.2 Luxe in Miami Blue.
It's quite a minter with only 57K and 2 previous owners.
It's got potential......especially when I think about Ste's Expression :)

Anyway, I'll make sure I keep popping in and try and catch up a bit!
Most of my time is spent at www.mk2cav.com these days but I've always missed novaload.....it's been too long!

One last thing.......I understand that Steve Fletcher is around on here.
He's got a Black wide-arched 3-door.....has a sister called Amy and lives in Sheffield.
I know Amy and met Steve the other week when a group of us went bowling.
Anyone know him?

Cheers, Rich

Fester
06-12-03, 01:08 PM
aye aye long time no see!

Breeny
06-12-03, 02:52 PM
Ello Rich!

Was just saying to someone else that you havn't been around for ages.

Pop in more often :)

Ben
06-12-03, 06:34 PM
Hello Rich

been a year already geees

Rich Dale
06-12-03, 06:52 PM
I'll keep popping in, for sure.

I love the Nova Breeny.....saw it at Billing this year.....of course I knew it was your's.....can't think how I knew....rego gave me a clue, lol

Looks ace!

How are you Fester? The Nova's also looking fantastic matey......my fave Vauxhall colour that blue!

I don't know what I'll do with the Nova I've just got......not even sure I'll be keeping it to be honest.

Me and a mate (Rob) bought it from the car trade place that Rob works for and it's currently in his lock-up......I've not even driven it yet.

It was too good to miss so even though neither of us was looking for a Nova, we bought it anyway!
The plan was to give it a valet, wash and polish and sell it on for profit (I'll not say what we payed for it ;) ) but I'm tempted to make it my next project.
It's sorted body-wise.......mint "original" arches and only a couple of small blemishes on the door bottoms (easily fixed), so it's a great base to build from......57K on the clock and very nice inside too.
It's a dark blue velour including a dark-blue dash! (never seen one before!)

It's totally standard of course, including 13" steelies and 4x4 ride-height, but it's in that funky Miami Blue "Turquoise" so looks cool.
I've got a spare set of Calibra 15's sat in my room (lol....my room looks like a garage at the mo!) which I could chuck straight on which would make a huge difference.

Anyway, I'll get some pics and post 'em up.

L8rz, Rich

RobIsGrt18
07-12-03, 06:01 PM
hi geez

CP
07-12-03, 11:00 PM
Hi mate :D

Tilly
07-12-03, 11:25 PM
:? but hello again

Stokie_Dave
08-12-03, 09:42 PM
Hello m8, welcome back :D

Liking your Cav, always liked the SRi 130's, rapid cars...

You gonna be putting a nice engine in your 1.2 then? :)

locky
08-12-03, 10:15 PM
Dont think weve spoke online, but remember your name! and seeing your antibes in the features!
Welcome back to the site m8!!!!!

Rich Dale
09-12-03, 02:20 AM
ehy up Rob matey and CP.....some more of the Old Skool crew!

Tilly.....I'm not sure I know you, but hi any ways ;)

Dave....cheers, yep, the Cav's quite quick...well, quick enough for now but the current engine is keeping the bay warm for something a little more potent, wink wink.

As for the Nova....who knows....I'll play it by ear and see what happens.
Maybe if I swap the engine in the Cav, the Nova will get the 130 lump passed down to it :)
I won't be touching it for a while though....leave it in Rob's lock-up until we decide what to do with it....I've not got space at my place, which is the prob....time will tell.

Hi Locky....I remember you too matey.

Nice to see someone remembers the old Antibes too.....still often wish I'd not sold it, but hey, things have a way of happening for a reason.

If I'd not sold that, I would never have got the GTE and I would never have ended up with the Cav (which I got by swapping the GTE), which would mean I'd not have met the great bunch I now know on mk2cav.com

Call it fate? who know's but either way, I've ended up back on here :)

I'll have a look round the rest of the forums in a bit.....I've missed this place....

Rich Dale
09-12-03, 03:06 AM
P.S. Just relaised that in my first post on this thread, I said I was looking for a lad I know called Steve Fletcher, well, oops, I'm a dumbass, I meant to say Chris Fletcher!

Anyway, I've found him on this board, so no more looking required!

Oh, and his wide arch Nova isn't black, it's green/blue:
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=838

wisewood
09-12-03, 02:49 PM
Hello Rich, welcome back mate. About time too!!

Cant believe it's two years since i met ya in meadowhall carpark to let you have them spare steelies i had in the back garden and we did some xmas shoppin' ... remember the farmyard animals i had that fixation with and bought in the hope i could find someone to sell em to :lol:

Not read the whole post, not really got the time at the moment, you got another nova now then as well as the cav? what you got?

Andy (aka wisewood).