PDA

View Full Version : fitting bucket seats

nova massive
06-12-03, 01:50 AM
do u need custom or universal frames to fit cobra clubmans also how much wu dthey cost.r they easy to fit.

AnThoNYnOvA
06-12-03, 06:27 PM
if its a shop your buying them from the shop should sell the frames.

Philsutton
06-12-03, 07:21 PM
yeah i have some of those seats just waiting to go in, i looked at my original seats an thought f**k. I cant see how you can make a sub frame from the original seats so i need some specially made ones but thats more money.

dave.gsi
07-12-03, 12:33 AM
cobra sell universal frames and i think tailor made nova ones.

i have the universal ones which came as a package when i bought my seats. the two front bolts go into the standard position and the rear you have to drill two holes in the floor and bobs your uncle. its a half hour job each side

its wise to reinforce the holes you drill though with washers or a welded plate

Ben3042
07-12-03, 03:05 AM
Do your subframes slide dave?

Tailored subframes for a nova are around ?55 each, The bad thing about bucket seats is that the car will fail the mot unless they tilt forward so there is enough room for passengers to get in and out of the back, the other way round this problem is to remove the back seats.

dave.gsi
07-12-03, 09:28 PM
mine slide front and back yes and it wont fail the mot because of the frames. mine have been through three different test centres and no-one has even mentioned the seats

nova massive
08-12-03, 12:07 AM
weres the best place to get a pair of clubmans and frame packages from in the hampshire area or any decent websites

epo
08-12-03, 10:26 PM
the subframes r a twat 2 do ur best off buyin the proper 1's or uni 1's
mine were a ball ache 2 do!!!